Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

My nan died a few weeks ago and I was so upset as I knew that it was the end and I had to say goodbye. I confided in a few friends and they have been selfish and have ignored that i have told them I am upset that my nan died. One guy knew what had happened and he was only interested in contacting me to see if I had brought back some wine for him from holiday, when I said I went to my nan's funeral he didn't even ask how it went or if I was ok. Then another friend knew but is too busy chasing after women and another friend knew but is too busy spending 24/7 with her boyfriend. I don't get these people, I have been there for them and they can't even be there for me in my time of need.

ReputationRep:
    They sound like fair-weather friends. I recommend extending loyalty and respect to those few who return it.

Did you let them know how you are feeling about their unsupportive treatment of you?

(Original post by Mequa)
    They sound like fair-weather friends. I recommend extending loyalty and respect to those few who return it.

Did you let them know how you are feeling about their unsupportive treatment of you?
    I have told some other friends since it all happened as they didn't know and some of them have been ever so kind and asked how I was and that I can talk to them. The fair-weather ones I told first as we hang out a lot so I thought they must enjoy the friendship, deep down I think I knew this but this has confirmed it all. I haven't told them as I don't like confrontation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.