Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 12 but due to personal circumstances my family have had to relocate, meaning I have to move schools. However as I have not yet sat my AS exams my new school has said I will have to join in September and start again in year 12. Would this count as a resit? Would it affect my chances of getting into university, I wanted to study natural science at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Why cant you carry on your current AS but just swap exam boards?

Would be a waste of high UMS - since for Cambridge NS, unless you have 90%+ UMS your gonna have a tough time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Why cant you carry on your current AS but just swap exam boards?

Would be a waste of high UMS - since for Cambridge NS, unless you have 90%+ UMS your gonna have a tough time.
    Because the content is different to what I have learnt, but I don't have enough time to relearn the new content as the exams would be in a few weeks, the coursework is also different and would have to be submitted by the end of may

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vampirebobfish)
    Because the content is different to what I have learnt, but I don't have enough time to relearn the new content as the exams would be in a few weeks, the coursework is also different and would have to be submitted by the end of may
    You can do the AS exams of your current school and get them to 'convert' the subject to their appropriate exam board. Dependent on exam boards obviously but usually you can

ReputationRep:
    Just made a similar thread 40 mins ago, some have said we haven't sat any exams yet so we won't be under the resitting policy but whether it's accountable for Cambridge and medicine in my case.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post47191720

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    You can do the AS exams of your current school and get them to 'convert' the subject to their appropriate exam board. Dependent on exam boards obviously but usually you can
    Hmm I don't think my new school will let me start there until September though, because they can't get funding for me to start in the middle of an AS. My exams would also start in 3 weeks, but I haven't been registered and I think it's too late to register for them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    Just made a similar thread 40 mins ago, some have said we haven't sat any exams yet so we won't be under the resitting policy but whether it's accountable for Cambridge and medicine in my case.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post47191720
    Thanks, I guess the best thing I can do is contact the university directly and ask if I count as a resit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vampirebobfish)
    Hmm I don't think my new school will let me start there until September though, because they can't get funding for me to start in the middle of an AS. My exams would also start in 3 weeks, but I haven't been registered and I think it's too late to register for them now.
    You can register up until the day of the exam ,,, but I think you pay double

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    You can register up until the day of the exam ,,, but I think you pay double
    Okay I just don't think I'm going to have enough time to start at my new school, register and finish learning the content for my 'current' board (because I left my old school a few weeks ago but we hadn't finished learning everything) before the exams in 3 weeks. I think that's why they said I should start in September

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.