Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

RANT/ was approached by some weirdo Watch

ReputationRep:
    and i completed walked away from him ignoring him, and then he FOLLOWED ME until I STOPPED and he said what i did was disrespectful and that he wanted to have a drink and hes new in town, i proceeded to tell him im 15 and underage(lie, im 17) and he said 'well im not that old) he looked about 30 at least, and he was around 5'5 and im 5'10 my height didnt deter him lol and then he basically told me his life story and what he does and said that i need to know people so that when i need help they will help me (which means he wanted me to have sex with him so that he can help me out basically sugar daddy antics) i was disgusted and scared, this kind of stuff happens but not this persistent normally i ignore them or call my fake boyfriend when they approach and they leave but this guys just urgh.

and it really annoyed me that he insinuated something like that, like i cant fend for myself, it really stinks that older men are like this

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could look down on him

ReputationRep:
    i did ( not by choice even) and it still didnt work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.tariah)
    and i completed walked away from him ignoring him, and then he FOLLOWED ME until I STOPPED and he said what i did was disrespectful and that he wanted to have a drink and hes new in town, i proceeded to tell him im 15 and underage(lie, im 17) and he said 'well im not that old) he looked about 30 at least, and he was around 5'5 and im 5'10 my height didnt deter him lol and then he basically told me his life story and what he does and said that i need to know people so that when i need help they will help me (which means he wanted me to have sex with him so that he can help me out basically sugar daddy antics) i was disgusted and scared, this kind of stuff happens but not this persistent normally i ignore them or call my fake boyfriend when they approach and they leave but this guys just urgh.

and it really annoyed me that he insinuated something like that, like i cant fend for myself, it really stinks that older men are like this
    It`s best not to get drawn into a conversation with people like that. Just walk away. If you can`t try krav-maga.

(Original post by Robbie242)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.tariah)
    i did ( not by choice even) and it still didnt work
    Haha sorry it was a height joke :P there are just people out there like that, feel free to report them if you feel concerned next time... try not to let a few experiences cloud your judgement

ReputationRep:
    Haha sorry it was a height joke :P there are just people out there like that, feel free to report them if you feel concerned next time... try not to let a few experiences cloud your judgement
    Dude ya sound lyka sugaa'daddai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Dude ya sound lyka sugaa'daddai
    Totally.

ReputationRep:
    lool

ReputationRep:
    You get used to it. If it happens again tell them that you'll call your crazy dad who works for the police and can get the guy done for sexual assault and harassment if he doesn't leave you alone. This is one I only use in desperate situations. If he waits for me to call my dad then I call my friend who knows about the lie so he plays the game with me until the guy leaves me alone. For other guys tell them you're a pregnant and you have an STD. I love using that one. The looks on their faces are always so priceless.

ReputationRep:
    . I let them see me typing in 999, if after a few 'Please can you leave me alone' and 'sorry i'm not interested', whilst walking away from them, they still havent got the message. Then I show them the number (hold the phone away from them so they cant snatch it) and ask 'Do I need to call them or are you going to leave me alone?'

Ive had it happen so many times, that I simply havent got the patience left for it any more.

I genuinely wonder what makes people so desperate, they think going out and harassing girls on the street is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Takes balls to approach girls in the street, I give them that :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of men are troglodytes, no friends, no social graces. It's a sad state of affairs and of course they go ignored.

ReputationRep:
    OP, have you ever heard of full stops? At least rant coherently...

And apologies; we'll make sure to send over a better-looking guy next time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.