Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Has anyone here ever been on a TV show or Film or in the newspaper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i remember another thread i did and 2 people said they were extras on Waterloo Road so i was just wondering if anyone here has been an extra or been on TV or Film and if so what was it like?

ReputationRep:
    Never been on TV, but one of my friends was an extra in a Disney show a very long time ago. Can't remember what it was called, it wasn't a speaking part either.

Was in the local newspaper when I was like 6 for going to some Christmas event thing, then again when I was about 9 for winning something on behalf of my school.

Pretty boring life so far

ReputationRep:
    One of my good friends was interviewed with his dog on Blue Peter when he was younger!
    But myself... no, bar local papers. Although I was fairly close to being Luna Lovegood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the Stig. No one knows. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    i remember another thread i did and 2 people said they were extras on Waterloo Road so i was just wondering if anyone here has been an extra or been on TV or Film and if so what was it like?
    I havent actually been on tv- but i attempted to once.
    Me, my dad and my sister where there when matt baker was filming in weymouth for the one show. So we where hanging around trying to get in the background, but didnt manage it. My grandma filmed it back at home just in case and everything.

ReputationRep:
    i was on spotted by a mate in the crowd of a football matchin 2010.

ReputationRep:
    I was on Dutch TV RTL7 last year whilst at Utrecht University. On their Tour de France show.

ReputationRep:
    my class was on newsround when I was about 12 and I think I saw my hand appear in the crowd of kids on TV, but other than that, nope - I might have had the same things happen in concerts which have come out with live DVDs for
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was in my local newspaper once holding a stuffed pig toy. I can't remember what the hell the story was but there was a pic of me and 2 friends holding pig toys. It was maybe for a charity the school was involved in or something, honestly can't remember the reason but my mum has the pic cut out and framed and has it in her livingroom lol.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the local newspaper a little as part of my aikido club. My girlfriend was in the newspaper a few weeks ago since she took part in a local drugs bust. I was on the news once when I was a child as part of school. That's about it.

Edit: Some friends of mine have been on TV. Some people very close to me were caught up in the Boxing Day tsunami while they were on holiday in the Seychelles. They were featured in an ITV programme about dangerous/near-death experiences. A friend of mine from uni was an extra in Skins also.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.