Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What should I do about this girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in love with my friend. But she is in a relationship. A long distance relationship. She only met the guy once, and they are talking for 4 years.

I told her how I feel and she said that I already know she has a boyfriend and that she loves him and that I shouldn't be selfish.

I said ok I'm sorry but we can stay friends.

I'm finding it very difficult. I love her more than anything in this world. I would do anything for her. Staying her friend I want to do because we are really good friends and I don't want to stop being friends with her.

But it's so hard . Whenever I look at her, my heart just dies a little inside.

I can't tell her how I feel again or it will ruin our friendship. I was already very close to ruining it the first time I told her. She said to me we can't be friends anymore because she doesn't want to see me sad. But I said to her don't worry I will be ok.

But I'm really not ok.

I will finish university for the year next week so then I won't see her for 4-5 months which makes me very sad, but then again, it could be a good thing? I don't know.

It's like I am fighting with myself everyday. I know she loves somebody else but I keep hoping for something that just won't happen.

It's not a nice feeling. I feel so conflicted and sad.

I also feel uneasy and jealous when I see her talking to other guys. I know it's sad but I can't help it.

I really don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Telling her how you feel again won't make the situation any better, plus I'm sure she is already aware and does not need telling again.

She isn't interested in you, and you have to see that you can't share a loving relationship with someone who just isn't interested. It's not going to change. You need to be with someone who is interested in you as much as you are in them, and truly there are people out there who will be interested. You obviously think of her very highly. When you get to know someone you are really compatible with, you think of them highly and you find out that they also think of you highly, and it makes you feel amazing. A relationship is about give and take, and you are ready to do all the giving to someone who doesn't want it, and she doesn't want to give back to you either.

You also seem a bit possessive. It should be fine for her to speak to other guys, especially since she seems very loyal to her boyfriend and doesn't think of other guys as anything more than friends.

Now that she knows how you feel and you know that nothing is going to happen, you have to move on. You can't have a good friendship with her because you will feel heartbroken whenever you see her, and she will feel awkward because she knows you probably feel bad. You need to break contact completely and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DnzBond)
    I am in love with my friend. But she is in a relationship. A long distance relationship. She only met the guy once, and they are talking for 4 years.

I told her how I feel and she said that I already know she has a boyfriend and that she loves him and that I shouldn't be selfish.

I said ok I'm sorry but we can stay friends.

I'm finding it very difficult. I love her more than anything in this world. I would do anything for her. Staying her friend I want to do because we are really good friends and I don't want to stop being friends with her.

But it's so hard . Whenever I look at her, my heart just dies a little inside.

I can't tell her how I feel again or it will ruin our friendship. I was already very close to ruining it the first time I told her. She said to me we can't be friends anymore because she doesn't want to see me sad. But I said to her don't worry I will be ok.

But I'm really not ok.

I will finish university for the year next week so then I won't see her for 4-5 months which makes me very sad, but then again, it could be a good thing? I don't know.

It's like I am fighting with myself everyday. I know she loves somebody else but I keep hoping for something that just won't happen.

It's not a nice feeling. I feel so conflicted and sad.

I also feel uneasy and jealous when I see her talking to other guys. I know it's sad but I can't help it.

I really don't know what to do.
    Cut her out of your life. Tell her why, and then don't talk to her again unless she contacts you. You have played your cards, nothing else you can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have one last shot at it using this line:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may be getting wet tonight."

Her reaction will tell you if she has any interest in you. If her reaction isn't positive, then cut her out of your life, because she's in a relationship and if you try and get with her then you are the one who'll look like a ****.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.