Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

What films you like really need sequels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My main choices are the Girl with the Dragon tattoo (the Daniel Craig one), loved that and also Prometheus, would like to see some of those questions get answered really. What would you like to see serious sequels to?

ReputationRep:
    Frozen, y'know the disney film, it might be childish but that film was, honestly, the best film I've seen in ages. Although, a sequel for Taken 2 would be great too.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Brooks, I loved it. I believe it was originally planned as a trilogy too!

ReputationRep:
    Incredibles! I think a second one is coming out, though next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Etudiant)
    Mr Brooks, I loved it. I believe it was originally planned as a trilogy too!
    Yes! I loved that movie, I really want a sequel or even a reboot.

For me:
    1. Mr Brooks
    2. The Girl with the dragon tattoo (british version)
    3. Inception

ReputationRep:
    Where could they go with Inception if you don't mind me asking? I love it but I just can't see where or what could be done with it

ReputationRep:
    Growing up I always wanted a sequel to A Series of Unfortunate Events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo donkey)
    Where could they go with Inception if you don't mind me asking? I love it but I just can't see where or what could be done with it
    If you remember the last scene, where it was cut before the audience could see whether the pin was still spinning or not. A sequel could answer that question, and explore other scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    The Thing (1982), and not a like the rubbish (prequel) that it was given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    The Thing (1982), and not a like the rubbish (prequel) that it was given
    this

maybe an alfonso cuaron film, like gravity 2 or children of men, just to see what happens in the aftermath really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    If you remember the last scene, where it was cut before the audience could see whether the pin was still spinning or not. A sequel could answer that question, and explore other scenarios.
    That scene was intended to stay forever unresolved and it should do. That's what made Inception's ending good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    That scene was intended to stay forever unresolved and it should do. That's what made Inception's ending good.
    I guess you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    I guess you're right
    I was expecting a long-winded response explaining why I'm wrong! Guess your not the average argumentative TSR user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    I was expecting a long-winded response explaining why I'm wrong! Guess your not the average argumentative TSR user.
    Trust me I'm not. I hate those types, arguing till their blue in the face to what end? kmt

ReputationRep:
    Pakimon, I am still waiting on how that trilogy ends

ReputationRep:
    Semi related, not a true sequel but a film to The Borgias reflecting what Serenity was to Firefly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    Growing up I always wanted a sequel to A Series of Unfortunate Events.
    I spent my childhood longing for a sequel of this too. Having read all the books part of me felt incomplete not having the rest of the stories explored!

ReputationRep:
    The Golden Compass needs remaking and they need to do the Subtle Knife and the Amber Spyglass, I want the films to convince me not to hate Will. I hate that character so much.

Also A Series of Unfortunate Events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Frozen, y'know the disney film, it might be childish but that film was, honestly, the best film I've seen in ages. Although, a sequel for Taken 2 would be great too.
    Totally agree about a Frozen sequel but I'm totally rooting for Elsa to have a female love interest so they can have a sing-off like Take Me or Leave Me from Rent. If they didn't want my brain to think that, they shouldn't have cast Idina Menzel. And America isn't ready for a homosexual Disney princess, there's no way they'd do that. I'd probably still love the sequel regardless, I just think it would be cute for Elsa to have a girlfriend. But then I also just want her to be a brilliant ice Queen who doesn't need a love interest, Merida did damn well without one.

Oooh, I want a sequel to Brave as well. Merida as Queen. Can't imagine that though, she's more likely to disappear off on an adventure somewhere away from Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking Dawn: Part 2

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.