Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was going to study History RS ICT and Sociology at A level in college. However, just before I applied for college I panicked thinking I would not receive the 5 A* to C required, so I applied for an Electrical Installation course. I have been on the Electrical Installation course for almost a year, I am still not if it's what I want to spend my life doing. Should I do A levels next year? But will I be able to cope with the work load, considering I've had a relaxed workload for the last year, not even any homework once. What should I do? My GCSE results are: ICT A* 2x (Double award) RS and PSE B, Maths, English, Art, History C, Business C & D (Double Award), Welsh, Science and Media Studies D. HELP!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackw33d)
    I was going to study History RS ICT and Sociology at A level in college. However, just before I applied for college I panicked thinking I would not receive the 5 A* to C required, so I applied for an Electrical Installation course. I have been on the Electrical Installation course for almost a year, I am still not if it's what I want to spend my life doing. Should I do A levels next year? But will I be able to cope with the work load, considering I've had a relaxed workload for the last year, not even any homework once. What should I do? My GCSE results are: ICT A* 2x (Double award) RS and PSE B, Maths, English, Art, History C, Business C & D (Double Award), Welsh, Science and Media Studies D. HELP!!!!
    Hi mate

The thing with your current course is that it is a skill which be very useful throughout life, and is always something that you can fall back on. So I suppose it would be good to gain some form of accreditation.

That said, if you want to do something academic then it would be best to start before the cut off after which you will have to pay for A levels (after 19 maybe, I'm not sure).

If you really dislike the course you are currently doing and its a long time before accreditation I would change to something that you enjoy. You're only young and its only a year, and you will still have gained a life skill from your current course.

You could do with picking up some A/s text books and get to know the material before starting the course if possible, always helps. Your grades are great, and you should be fine.

If you want to start academia later on there are always access courses which grant access to specific fields of study within university, and will get you into most mid range universities.
    The collages also often have good links with a university in the city so likely to be accepted if you have a good statement and hit the grades.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.