Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am not coping with school (A levels) at the moment. I cannot force myself to work and am just so unmotivated even with my uni offers. I have a lot going on out of school and mentally im a wreck. I may have anxiety problems i know i did at the start of the year. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce anxiety and at the same time make yourself work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesChowler)
    I am not coping with school (A levels) at the moment. I cannot force myself to work and am just so unmotivated even with my uni offers. I have a lot going on out of school and mentally im a wreck. I may have anxiety problems i know i did at the start of the year. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce anxiety and at the same time make yourself work?
    Hello, James

I understand how you feel, rest assured many students around the world are probably feeling the same way you are right now. You know you need to study, you want to but end up procrastinating. Even I was meant to be revising Core 1 Mathematics earlier but ended up stuck on YouTube for half an hour.

From what you said in your OP, it seems that you are not ready for your A2 exams. What subjects are you doing? Do you think if you start now you could cover enough ground to meet your target grades for your University offers? The problem with revising is people get stressed thinking about how much there is to learn before even starting. Once you start it may feel better.

Lastly, not doing your exams this year and either resitting the year or sitting your exams privately next year could be an option for you if you don't feel like sitting the exams this year would be best for you.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes having a planned day of absolutely no revision can help with motivation? Just arrange a day to meet friends and do something fun with absolutely no plan to revise, you might find that the next day you feel much more able to get the revision done! other than that, i think you just have to remind yourself that it won't be for long, and keep in mind all the things you want to do after exams are done! The anxiety will reduce, the extra stress will just be making it seem worse

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.