The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mad Vlad
It warrants 3 more, in my opinion.

you need one mod just to deal with yaboy i agree.
Oh Deary me what is this gibberish LOOOOOOOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
you need one mod just to deal with yaboy i agree.

No, we just need a court order.
Reply 223

Did you IP ban Groovey as well? She hasn't been around for 24h+
Reply 224

Also I think you should give yaboy a clean slate
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

you can see that at S they just ran out of words..... neighborly.........just lol.
Reply 226
Feeling crap today, but, was watching RVP's videos. Man, aside from the fact i despise the man. What a player he was. Doubt he will ever reach his peak again consistently, but, what a player. We will be in a very good position if we find a younger player that we get to that level. Doubt we can sign a player of that calibre considering the shortage of world class strikers.
Original post by DurhamXI
Feeling crap today, but, was watching RVP's videos. Man, aside from the fact i despise the man. What a player he was. Doubt he will ever reach his peak again consistently, but, what a player. We will be in a very good position if we find a younger player that we get to that level. Doubt we can sign a player of that calibre considering the shortage of world class strikers.

Your forgetting you still have Bendtner in the ranks! :tongue:
Original post by Zürich
Roberto Martinez is so overhyped

BRB Inherited class defence and players like Mirallas
BRB Key players like Lukaku on loan and short term
BRB Dropped £28m for Fellaini to spend on players
BRB No improvement on Moyes

Ask yourself this: had City not bottled the FA Cup final, where would Marintez be? In the Championship?

I know Everton dicked us, but we were badly out of form and taking beatings off everyone. Really hope Martinez never ends up at A.F.C

Good point tbf for no.1 and no.2 but I disagree for 3 and 4.

He got good money for a pile of garbage and he has improved on Moyes this season.
Reply 229
Has anyone got a card for what got reported in the last few pages of the previous thread. I can't think of what could've been reported :lolwut:

Unless a certain poster was google searching their name again.

yaya toure is such a mug as well as nasri, the pair are so clueless lol.

They both have a serious point. Coming from someone that hates the race card than most.

Why don't you just ask people who you'd like to mod? I'm sure River85 can think of a few. Whoever it is will be disliked.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 230
Original post by Icecream1
Your forgetting you still have Bendtner in the ranks! :tongue:

Not for much longer :frown:
you can see that at S they just ran out of words..... neighborly.........just lol.

I couldn't stop laughing at neighborly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
Original post by Kruz
I couldn't stop laughing at neighborly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole thing is a giant ****ing cringe

'observe'
'neighbourly' WHAT THE **** IS NEIGHBOURLY
'sealing'
'regulator'
Original post by 419

They both have a serious point. Coming from someone that hates the race card than most.

What kind of recognition does he want from the media though? Balon d'Or nomination or just being recognised as a talent worldwide? if its the latter then fair enough, thats probably me taking it for granted that i see him play every week and realise his talent.

i get where he's comin from with the iniesta/xavi comments but i think thats more to do with media culture differences.
Reply 234
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Discipline? He just got a red card for a horrific challenge...
Reply 235
What kind of recognition does he want from the media though? Balon d'Or nomination or just being recognised as a talent worldwide? if its the latter then fair enough, thats probably me taking it for granted that i see him play every week and realise his talent.

i get where he's comin from with the iniesta/xavi comments but i think thats more to do with media culture differences.

From yaya's quote, he's not attacking the like of you and I because he knows we recognise his talent.

He's attacking the part the media and the lack of recognition given to African player. And, it is this part I agree with. I don't really care for his point about the Ballon d'Or even if he's right, many a times the wrong players wins, African or otherwise. But it is worth pointing out that Weah is the only African player that has finished in the top 3 in the history of WPOTY.

And during Chelsea's peak year, Cech (3 x UEFA keeper of the year), JT (3x UEFA defender of the year) and Frank Lampard (1x UEFA midfielder of the year) were winning individual awards whilst Drogba has none. You can see his point about Drogba not feeling recognised.

I still also thing that people still perceive African players especially sub saharan African players to be all about physicality and technically inferior. The peak of Jay Jay's career was playing for mid tables clubs like Frankfurth, PSG and Bolton. When have you ever seen Roy Keane get mugged off like this? If he was Brazilian, his career would've gone further and he would've played for bigger teams.

The Eto'o Ibra transfer succinctly perfectly sums up this lack of recognition (West) African players don't get. Even the very best are seen inferior to their European and South American counterparts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Tbf Drogba only had his beast seasons in 2007 and 2010. In 2007 that was Torres' first season for Liverpool where he was great and while Drogba's influence for Chelsea was amazing and clear to see, the stats only went in his favour for like 2 seasons. Was Eto'o ever given UEFA best striker by any chance?
and

The other problem is that Chelsea's system was and still is based on defending, so Cech and Terry would rack up the accolades. Lamps must have got that best midfielder in 2005, where he was scoring loads of goals at the time for a midfield player.

I guess in 2010 it would have been the Messi show, David Villa had a great world cup too.

I think the problem with African players is that they've not won a world cup. If say Ghana got to the final or Semis like Uruguay did and pushed Holland all the way the media over here will actually take a look at african players. It's not a problem with black players(see Ronaldinho), but a problem with African players playing from african countries.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 419

The Eto'o Ibra transfer succinctly perfectly sums up this lack of recognition (West) African players don't get. Even the very best are seen inferior to their European and South American counterparts.

Anzhi were willing to make him the highest paid footballer in the world, so surely Eto'o was recognized as a true great?

Just because they don't finish that high in WPOTY doesn't mean they aren't shown recognition. The voting system is flawed: its decided by coaches, players and journalists, and the outcome (more often than not) is hardly something you would want to use to make this point. This is similar to when everyone used to say Ronaldo doesn't get his "deserved recognition" because he finished second in the Ballon D'or for 4 years.

I just had a look at a list of who has won African Footballer of the Year for the past two decades and I can't see one name that list who, for whatever reason, was robbed of some form of recognition. Eto'o probably deserved to finish in the top 3 of the Ballon D'or at one point, but apart from that, no one else deserves to be in the top 3.

If you want to see recognition, go look at a list of how many African players have make Ligue 1 team of the year, La Liga team of the year, BPL team of the year, Serie A team of the year, etc. in the past decade or so. There's will be plenty there (plenty relative to the ratio of Africans to non-Africans in the league)
(edited 10 years ago)
Hard to know where Yaya is coming from after the plaudits he gets from almost everyone and after Barca/City made big players in their teams on mega megabucks. No African player has been in the mix for the Ballon but youve got Ronaldo/Messi and then the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and other Spanish players and the Bayern mob now as well. Does he expect to be in there?

I think it's quite dangerous to develop a victimhood mentality in any situation tbh, start seeing things which aren't there.
(edited 10 years ago)
And how many defenders get the Ballon d'Or? Neither Baresi nor Maldini won it.

Latest