The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been banging De Boees drum for years. Top top manager
Original post by Zürich
Been banging De Boees drum for years. Top top manager

He recently came out and said he wants to manage Barcelona, something about it being his "dream". I wouldn't want him if that's the case. Need someone that sees Arsenal as the pinnacle, not someone that's going to be here for 2-3 years and then move on when Barcelona come calling.
Reply 302
Original post by little_tom
He recently came out and said he wants to manage Barcelona, something about it being his "dream". I wouldn't want him if that's the case. Need someone that sees Arsenal as the pinnacle, not someone that's going to be here for 2-3 years and then move on when Barcelona come calling.

I wouldn't mind that too much. Once Arsene leaves, we have to get used to the idea that our managers will only stay a maximum of 6-8 years.
Original post by little_tom

Get real mate, Our next manager will be at Arsenal 3 years tops. Either he's done so well he moves on to a bigger club or he done so badly he gets sacked. Welcome to modern management
Does anyone else think we can finish 3rd place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305
Original post by Kruz
Does anyone else think we can finish 3rd place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The gap is just too big with the amount of games left
Reply 306
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What a dead premier league day.

Nahhh if Chelsea lose this evening it's the perfect day :biggrin:
Reply 307
De Boer has been sending mixed signals in these past few weeks, sounds like he is unsettled but waits for that one good big offer to fly in. Perhaps taking over Arsenal from AW is that. Wrt Barcelona, his statements have been contradictory. I think the current setup with little to no power for the coach doesn't appeal to him. Could be that he is waiting for that to change, but seeing that that might take another few years, he may open for a different move. But then he's rejected other clubs to stay at Ajax as well, so it's hard to tell.
Even if we win tomorrow and chelsea lose today, they'll have to lose two more games that we win to catch them up.

Possible but unlikely.
Reply 309
Is it just me or is Mourinho about to lose for the first time EVER at SB in the premier league against bottom of the league Sunderland?
Original post by Dan1607
Is it just me or is Mourinho about to lose for the first time EVER at SB in the premier league against bottom of the league Sunderland?

Let's let it happen.

Wow, Liverpool CHAMPIONS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
lol...

edit: I would like to see mourinho's face right now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Feeling a respective red card for ramires followed by a chelsea downhill spiral due to focus on CL and loss of momentum. Third here we come :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol at Chelsea
Reply 314
Man, Chelsea have been totally ****ed over by their crappy strikers lol.
As much as I dislike Liverpool. Doing what they have done with less money then city and Chelsea, have to respect that
Original post by weeknd5000
As much as I dislike Liverpool. Doing what they have done with less money then city and Chelsea, have to respect that

is it possible to admire the club but not the fans?
Reply 317
Original post by DurhamXI
Man, Chelsea have been totally ****ed over by their crappy strikers lol.

Mourinho chose those crappy strikers by not making a move for anyone other than Rooney and Eto'o in the summer with the unlimited money that he has, and allowing Lukaku to go out on loan.

And for not coaching those strikers to greater feats, and for neglecting Ba all this time.

Mourinho propagated bull**** about his massive striking problem, as usual. And it's not as if Liverpool are not deficient in any area of the pitch.
Original post by Solemn Rain
is it possible to admire the club but not the fans?

Yes haha. They play good football. Respect for them not boring viewers like Chelsea normally do.
Arsenal better win tomorrow to keep race for 3rd alive (and to keep up the good form ahead of FA cup final)

Latest