The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just hearing more and more about Vela's clause being activated. How reliable are the sources? If they're activated it means the club has no choice but to sell to us right? Just sounds weird since Wenger said he wouldn't be doing business early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
I don't mind Giroud, tbh. 20+ goals this season, no rotation, and it's his first season.

If we can get rid of Bendtner and replace him pace, we'll be in good stead up front - we can even throw Theo up front if our strike force is injured.

Biggest thing is a solid DM.

It's his 2nd season? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Just hearing more and more about Vela's clause being activated. How reliable are the sources? If they're activated it means the club has no choice but to sell to us right? Just sounds weird since Wenger said he wouldn't be doing business early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're asking good questions. No solid sources have reported this, atm it's just twitter talk.
Reply 3323
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

The source is Kike Marín, who is hot and cold imo. Generally he's a typical Marca and AS writer, a bit sensationalist and speculates a lot depending on his agenda. He was the first to break the news that Vela was signed though and has decent insider knowledge, so he could be right again, but I wouldn't count on it.
(edited 9 years ago)
this still cracks me up https://vine.co/v/M6aaTZAeUTJ
club aint confirmed nuttin about vela either so allow dis prematureness
We might need another centre back, if Vermaelen goes imo.
Original post by DDan123

Arsenal need one regardless imo, as Sagna is also leaving. I'm amazed you got through the season with 3.
Original post by DDan123

Not confirmed yet though
some very sexy sevilla fans tbf
Looks like Sevilla have won the Europa League. Now Atletico need to shock Real in 10 days, and guess what...

Coke and Koke both win European medals. (Sorry, bad crack at a joke)
Original post by jam278
Vela and Griezmann are so good. It's a shame that La Real started the season so poorly because they'd be in the CL now and could keep their players.

Honestly think that with the right manager that team could win the league with a top class striker.

Simeone?

Would be banter if he just kept winning the league with different clubs breaking the barca/real duopoly each time.
Reply 3331
Vela would be a brilliant signing..

I honestly reckon he'd chip in with 20+ goals.. He'd offer someone completely different to giroud which is what we need

Absolute legend.

Mr Arsenal :cool:
Reply 3333
Original post by Pete_91
Simeone?

Would be banter if he just kept winning the league with different clubs breaking the barca/real duopoly each time.

He doesn't fit Sociedad's style of play at all and he's a true "colchonero", he wouldn't leave Atléti for them.

I think Vela coming to Arsenal is still as likely as it was a week ago, could very well happen but I would take the rumours with a pinch of salt considering where they come from. The journalists who spread Marín's Vela article also say Griezmann is likely to come, and I don't see that at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
He doesn't fit Sociedad's style of play at all and he's a true "colchonero", he wouldn't leave Atléti for them.

Nah I know, just the prospect of the duopoly in spain being undermined that makes me want it to happen.
Frankly find it disgusting people sit there and call a fellow human being "gay", I mean why stoop so low?

Why insult another human being to that degree, you're essentially calling him the lowest form of low imaginable which is bang out of order.

Saw a report we are gonna bid £30mill for Benzema, oh lawd, oh lawd.
This thread gives me false hope of improving ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really think that we are going to win Sunday (Hull city fan) because I see Ramsey as your main threat and I think if we play 3 in midfield it will neutralise him. I just don't see Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla or Ozil doing anything, no work ethic from any of them, they are all lazy. If Brucey plays 4 at the back (4-5-1) then I think we will win as Fryatt is actually clinical up top.
Any thoughts on predicted line up for Arsenal because I think you need at least 1 holding midfielder (1 of Arteta or Flamini) or you will be overrun in the middle by 3 players who actually put some effort in. Wilshere could handle it but I don't think he will play anyway.
Original post by Alex Doran
I really think that we are going to win Sunday (Hull city fan) because I see Ramsey as your main threat and I think if we play 3 in midfield it will neutralise him. I just don't see Giroud, Podolski, Cazorla or Ozil doing anything, no work ethic from any of them, they are all lazy. If Brucey plays 4 at the back (4-5-1) then I think we will win as Fryatt is actually clinical up top.
Any thoughts on predicted line up for Arsenal because I think you need at least 1 holding midfielder (1 of Arteta or Flamini) or you will be overrun in the middle by 3 players who actually put some effort in. Wilshere could handle it but I don't think he will play anyway.

I'm glad that you're optimistic, but no.
Original post by Alex Doran

Confidence in your team is a good thing. Would still put us as favourites but it's not going to be a walkover. If our players have the right attitude then we should win.

Many teams have tried to neutralise Ramsey this season and failed. Thing is if your midfield 3 focus on him too much it will be just that, Özil and Cazorla pulling the strings instead. We've not really had a problem with being outworked this season, and I don't think the players will lack any motivation to put a shift in on Saturday. I expect:

Fabianski

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Arteta - Ramsey

Cazorla - Özil - Podolski

Giroud

I'd actually prefer Rosicky to Cazorla. or Ox if he's fit.

Latest