The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Put Bale in Tottenham and you have a serious CL contending team

Put Suarez in Tottenham and they'll still be as embarrassing

Not saying he isn't as good as Bale because he's probably better but one does much more for the team then the other. Suarez thrived among others this season (sterling sturridge Gerrard Coutinho) so there isn't much evidence to show he could lift the team as much as Bale could.

Having said that, it's not like Madrid are desperate for some one to lift the team so I really don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldn't go as far as CL contenders, but yes, bale did so much more than suarez would, simply because bale can be a one man show so often in a match.

of course suarez can score some individually brilliant goals, but that kinda thing is almost bale trademark
so he could win games for tottenham that suarez may not have
but yeah overall, suarez is a more valuable player to have in your team

as much as you may hate the guy, suarez is actually a team player, surprisingly
except for gerrard, he was eaily our best creator and obviously our best goalscorer this season

suarez will give consistency in a team which is what you need in the long run to get a league title, but bale can produce an unexpected moment that wins you a match, and maybe gets you a cup

Original post by FKLW
It's jokes. I hate both your clubs so i'm indifferent tbh :lol:

I find it funny how they're now gonna convince themselves when they sign Mandzukic that they have the WC striker they craved yet could have had Suarez 12 months ago :rofl:

i know why you'd hate liverpool, but why arsenal?

no, mandzukic is nowhere near world class.
he is the only weak link in the bayern team imo, if you don't count the manager too.

nah, they won't get better than suarez for a long time.
unless they get benzema and he becomes magic in the premier league
Reply 3761
Original post by shawn_o1
Last I heard, it was £2 million.

Compared to £45 million for finishing 17th...

Daaaaa faq?!

LOL madness!
OK that £45 million that I quoted included all the TV rights money. Take that away and you still earn £3 million... just for staying up
Original post by SHOO
How much money do the FA cup winners get?

Mostly been decided already in prize-money/tv-funds from previous rounds, but if we win we'll take home about £8m in total. Lose and it's more like £7m. Not sure for Hull City but probably something like £4m.

We've had some big ties to date which were big tv-money spinners, and of course drew exclusively home ties so will have pulled in big gate receipts as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Serge developed quite fine, no :dontknow:

Got a decent number of games and was generally impactful in those games. Playing well and not been intimidated against the convicts from Stoke was good viewing. Don't know what else he could've done. We were challenging of title for majority of the season so we couldn't really afford to give him too much of an extended run.

I suppose the whole title challenge thing could be one reason yeah.
Buts its when people say Gnabry is better than Janujaz, I just don't see it; definitely think Janujaz is ahead currently.

He's been out injured for a while too right?

Seriously expect Ox to have a big season next season though.
Reply 3765
Original post by Luke_Mckeown

he is the only weak link in the bayern team imo, if you don't count the manager too.

Do you have to ask? :tongue:

Yeah he's just a slight upgrade on Giroud tbh. They won't get Benzema. They are screwed this year.
Original post by Peggles_*
You got a couple hours til the final so you might wanna chill!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, a couple of hours!!
Original post by AR_95
One team in London
There's only one team in London
One team in London
There's only one team in London!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point, only one team from london has won the CL.
Reply 3768
Original post by SHOO
I just feel like Arsenal as a whole get a
lot more hate when we shouldn't do. To be fair we are one of the few teams left with class. For some reason we get hate by almost every premier league team. We havnt even been challenging for any trophies haha

Well there's a je ne sais quoi about arsenal that no other english team has. It's wenger's legacy. He gave British football TH14. Through him, the daves, wills and staceys discovered a new form of English language- his press conferences are like listening to a audible of the work of the greatest 20th century poets. He shows loyalty even when the world has turned against you etc etc etc. Before that they only see the cruelness of SAF or the histrionics of Keegan. He's basically what ordinary people aspire to be, try their hardest to be but yet never get there. They want to live their life through him hence even though Arsenal might not be relevant trophy wise but fans of other teams still find themselves drawn to us.
i wouldn't go as far as CL contenders, but yes, bale did so much more than suarez would, simply because bale can be a one man show so often in a match.

of course suarez can score some individually brilliant goals, but that kinda thing is almost bale trademark
so he could win games for tottenham that suarez may not have
but yeah overall, suarez is a more valuable player to have in your team

as much as you may hate the guy, suarez is actually a team player, surprisingly
except for gerrard, he was eaily our best creator and obviously our best goalscorer this season

suarez will give consistency in a team which is what you need in the long run to get a league title, but bale can produce an unexpected moment that wins you a match, and maybe gets you a cup

Bale does more than just score the occasional wonder goal

Also, how can you say Mandzukic is their weakest link? He's their top scorer, and 2nd top scorer in the Bundesliga. He hasn't been as impressive in the CL (which I'm assuming is the only place you've seen him play) but with a squad like Bayern's it would be hard to get an edge in anyway. Amount of times Robben has made blank rans into the box trying to get a shot instead of passing it to some one this CL? ( not a dig at his ability)

He's no Costa/Lewnadowski, but what more are you expecting? More League goals than Cavani, Ballotelli, Higuain, Benzema, do I need to go on? Would not say he's one of the best but can't rule him off completely for not being world class
Original post by baconbutty
All the best teams throughout history have had creative midfielders in them what does that tell you?

s

Bacon Butty has a good point.

Most of the teams that win titles have the most balanced midfield. Take Bayern last year, they had balance of defence and attack in their midfield and are suddenly struggling this year after taking Javi Martinez out of the team.

Take Manchester city this year, they have a good balance between defence and attack in Fernandinho and Yaya Toure, Silva has a decent work rate but Milner of course is a beast when it comes to running up and down a flank all game. There's a clear balance.

Lets look at Chelsea in 05, we had Makalele to defend while we had Lampard and Tiago pushing up forwards with Robben and Cole/Duff on the flanks.

Arsenal didn't need a world class AM, but they needed some balance. A bit of steel or an invisible wall like Fernandinho with having a left sided winger who's a bit direct as well as a striker.

In majority of the cases in title wins(majority because Man United 2010-13 are an anomaly) a balanced midfield will win you titles.
Original post by jam278

Only one team in England (let alone London) has gone unbeaten through a 38 game campaign...your move.
Original post by Pete_91
Only one team in England (let alone London) has gone unbeaten through a 38 game campaign...your move.

Can you and Jam not persist with this Arsenal V Chelsea argument, it's been done to death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91

That's quite funny considering Chelsea have also been a year unbeaten(not in a season) and hadn't lost at home for 4 seasons.

Your call.
Can you and Jam not persist with this Arsenal V Chelsea argument, it's been done to death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

pdl
Only one person in the world wants to hear this conversation again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's juts banter it's not like me and jam actually give a **** about it...
Reply 3776
Original post by heiljoe
I suppose the whole title challenge thing could be one reason yeah.
Buts its when people say Gnabry is better than Janujaz, I just don't see it; definitely think Janujaz is ahead currently.

He's been out injured for a while too right?

Seriously expect Ox to have a big season next season though.

Don't really care about comparison and don't get too stuck up in direct comparison between the two- the Arsenal boy always wins out. Adnan was way too hyped initally. It's all calmed down a bit now. He only got so much game time because of how **** United were this season. Both will have a decent career maybe Januzaj shades but if both were to swap teams, neither would do any better or any worse than the other.

Ox's injury didn't really help him but you know he's bound to have a Ramsey-esque breakthrough. He's definitely capable of it.
Original post by jam278

How much money did you spend to buy the champs league again?
Original post by jam278
That's quite funny considering Chelsea have also been a year unbeaten(not in a season) and hadn't lost at home for 4 seasons.

Your call.

pdl

Haha, how long can we string this out for?
I do love my history lessons.

Latest