The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
What makes it worse is that Abou seems like such a top top professional, who'll never stop fighting for his career.

With his talent and his commitment, you just cant give up.

He should be our big game player tbh, used sparingly for games against the big sides. We know we can beat the small teams with relative ease so playing him in these games is kind of unnecessary. With his injury record, this seems like the most sensible idea. Especially when opposition teams like your Stokes and Boltons seem to target his legs because they cannot tackle him.
There's no better one on one defender in the world than Koscielny. I trust him 100% in one on one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Did he seriously just outpace Messi :cool:

The guy's irreplaceable at the moment and the biggest factor to our current defence. I just really hope he doesn't leave for PSG but they'll be all over him :/

Shouldnt be too much of a problem (unless I'm wrong) he's got a contract with us until 2017 or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd put Koscielny in the top 10 defenders in the world, maybe top 5 at a push.

Arguments can be made for Dante, Silva, Kompany, Pique being better.
Original post by Pete_91

Only thing thats lets him down is the penalties/ own goals he concedes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somegirlcalledea
Only thing thats lets him down is the penalties/ own goals he concedes

Posted from TSR Mobile

and red cards. Bit like Ramos in that respect.
Reply 366
Shouldnt be too much of a problem (unless I'm wrong) he's got a contract with us until 2017 or something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't change the fact that PSG can easily trigger his release clause if they really want him

Original post by Pete_91

Would you consider Lahm and Ramos?
Original post by AR_95
That doesn't change the fact that PSG can easily trigger his release clause if they really want him

Would you consider Lahm and Ramos?

I was talking CBs so no to Lahm. Best full back in the world though. Ramos potentially, but he does have an awful disciplinary record, and not in a last man professional foul way, more just getting into fights.
Original post by AR_95

Thats a good point but I'm not too worried personally. Even if it was triggered Arsenal are now able to pay larger wages so the pay cheque wouldnt necessarily tempt him away unlike past times (cough rvp cough).
And I think this is a pretty plausable situation: http://arseblog.com/2014/04/why-you-should-ignore-the-all-the-koscielny-stories/ just my (and his) opinion though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope he doesn't sign a new contract tbh.
Original post by Kruz
I hope he doesn't sign a new contract tbh.

Any reason??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91

pique and kompany lol

I love him don't get me wrong, but he's a bit stale and we need something new in my opinion. I have a feeling this Summer Window he won't really do much.
Ozil starting? Him and Cazorla don't seem to have any chemistry, looks like this might be a long game of breaking down defences.
Original post by Pete_91
Ozil starting? Him and Cazorla don't seem to have any chemistry, looks like this might be a long game of breaking down defences.

Would honestly prefer Gnabry starting in place of Santi.
Original post by DurhamXI
Would honestly prefer Gnabry starting in place of Santi.

Hull don't really have flying wingers so I'm not too worried. Going to be a lot of tippy tappy crap today though.
our wing play will probably be dire with pod and cazorla playing there most likely, they'll cut in at every chance which is a shame as both can potentially whip in some decent crosses. we've got ramsey though so he should make some runs ahead of giroud to get on to some passes. Chamberlain should be on at half time if we havent scored though.
Ramsey & Ozil

Why are we rushing Ozil back so quickly?
Reply 379
Original post by AR_95

What release clause? I've never seen it mentioned that Koscielny has one in his contract.

Latest