The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Original post by 419
They stopped calling for his head after February........

But then you can't call it a good season if the majority of your fans hated him until 6 months into the season...
Original post by 419
Quarter of a million people at the victory parade apparently. Not bad.

Pretty solid tbf. Fair bit behind 670k though. :colonhash:
Reply 4742
See man driving a German ****

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400429919.105711.jpg
Reply 4743
Original post by FKLW
But then you can't call it a good season if the majority of your fans hated him until 6 months into the season...

Could say the same about Bale tbh.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Pretty solid tbf. Fair bit behind 670k though. :colonhash:

If we win PL, I reckon we'd beat that.

City only managed 80k mind.
Reply 4744
Original post by 419

In what way? He tore Maicon a new one in 2010 and just became more consistent last year whereas Ramsey has kinda burst onto the scene. I think he'll be world class no doubt, but it's a bit early to conclude that at this point.

Not that you were concluding that, just in regards to theoretical price tags.
Original post by 419

If we win PL, I reckon we'd beat that.

City only managed 80k mind.

It's funny beacause Arsenal winning the FA cup has brought more attention than City's EPL win
Original post by AR_95
It's funny beacause Arsenal winning the FA cup has brought more attention than City's EPL win

The day City won the league, the top 3 stories on BBC Sport were all about Manchester United.

They will never be on the level of Liverpool, Arsenal and United. Even if they win the next 5 league titles.
So apparently we've been linked with Bony.

Thoughts?
Original post by AR_95
So apparently we've been linked with Bony.

Thoughts?

Pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah tbh he's hardly an upgrade from Giroud, and if everyone stays fit next season I think Giroud will possibly have a better season anyway
Original post by AR_95
Don't have any real Arsenal fan friends most of them are plastic :/

Would be kinda awkward on my ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see lol, its bare hot and crowded there anyway!
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oh I see lol, its bare hot and crowded there anyway!

Did you go?
wow, seeing 250,000 gooners on the streets of Islington was really special. Forgot how amazing parades in the Highbury sunshine were! You forget how big this club is really, but we really are the London club, and I'm sure the players and Wenger will have been moved by it all too! If we win the League, or even the CL eventually, I reckon we could get 500k out onto the streets! :moon:

Enjoyed last night even more so, watched it in Holloway and the place was absolutely buzzing. Pubs didnt clear out until 3! :biggrin:

Hopefully this will be the start of something even bigger and we can have a productive summer, improve the squad and push on the PL and in the CL! :smile:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
wow, seeing 250,000 gooners on the streets of Islington was really special. Forgot how amazing parades in the Highbury sunshine were! You forget how big this club is really, but we really are the London club, and I'm sure the players and Wenger will have been moved by it all too! If we win the League, or even the CL eventually, I reckon we could get 500k out onto the streets! :moon:

Enjoyed last night even more so, watched it in Holloway and the place was absolutely buzzing. Pubs didnt clear out until 3! :biggrin:

Hopefully this will be the start of something even bigger and we can have a productive summer, improve the squad and push on the PL and in the CL! :smile:

Amen!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
To all those slating Wenger in the champions league remember:

1. We have faced the toughest teams almost consecutively in the past years. Bayearn Munic twice, and we were VERY close to beating them WITHOUT parking the bus.

2. Barcelona several times, and again, had van-persie not been sent off we would have beaten them.

3. We got a man sent of vs barcelona in 2006, we led the game for the majority of the time.

We played our philosophy. We have never parked the BUS against Bayearn of Barca in the 4-5 times we've played them in the early stages/last 16/quaters in the past 4-5 years.

Yes i agree, we can improve yes. Is Wenger good enough? Yes.

We need one GOOD in defence, one strong midfielder, and one world-class striker and we'll challenge for the quadruple.

Only because we finished 2nd in the groups.

And Chelsea/United/Liverpool haven't beaten top teams to win it?

Arsene is tactically stubborn, he reckons he has a one best way, but it doesn't work in the CL.
Not going to say anything about Wilshere bar thanks for the attention :yy:

Congrats on the cup btw.
Original post by carlisomes
Only because we finished 2nd in the groups.

And Chelsea/United/Liverpool haven't beaten top teams to win it?

Arsene is tactically stubborn, he reckons he has a one best way, but it doesn't work in the CL.

While it's true that we've messed up the groups too often(no excuse for finishing second behind Schalke last year for instance) but at other times we've topped our group and drawn Barcelona and AC Milan. And even when you finish 2nd, do you expect to draw Barcelona and Bayern twice in 5 years? That's tough. A favourable draw is often the difference between Semis and 2nd round tbh. And I think you'll agree that drawing BVB, Napoli and Marseille in the group stage was tough this year.

The CL is more tactical because it's a knockout tournament, but I'm not why people assume it's tactically harder to out-play Chelsea or Liverpool in the PL for instance, than it is to beat a top European outfit. It's 11 against 11 ultimately and a team that does well in England should do well in Europe.

Wenger's not really very tactically inclined most of the time, but I think people are incorrect to say he's not aware of tactical nuances. The 2006 CL run was tactically spot on, we conceded precisely zero goals on the way to the final vs Real, Juve, Villareal and if you look at the final when we basically matched Barca with 10 men then I think it shows that Wenger knows a trick or two as well. Maybe the game has moved passed him, but if you consider recent games vs BVB, Napoli, AC Milan 3-0, Barca 2-1 or Bayern 2-0 then I think Wenger can still match the best in Europe.

I dont expect Arsenal to win the CL in the next 10 years in truth, but I think we can touch reach the Semi-finals on a regular basis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride

Congrats on the cup btw.

Was slightly cringeworthy in truth, but at least it shows Jack is a true gooner :K:
[video="youtube;xuV1hk7vf-Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuV1hk7vf-Q[/video]

Skip to 11:30 for the Wilshire tottenham snub
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rockrunride

Congrats on the cup btw.

Lol what attention, he's mocking you :lol:.

Latest