The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somegirlcalledea
I'm really not worried too much about the final now, Hull's two best players imo for that game are cup tied

Also, sidenote: does anyone feel we could have had a couple of penalties in that game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

defo the one on ox.
I'm really not worried too much about the final now, Hull's two best players imo for that game are cup tied

Also, sidenote: does anyone feel we could have had a couple of penalties in that game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably but i understand why they werent given. elmohamady should have been off though i think. number of cards didnt reflect the physical nature of the game.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
defo the one on ox.

He seems to be pretty good at coming on and getting penalty situations for us

Posted from TSR Mobile
He seems to be pretty good at coming on and getting penalty situations for us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, tiring defenders and insanely pacey runners leads to fouls in the box!
Reply 484
Huddle stone really should have been sent off lol

If hull repeat the intensity they had today we could very easily slip up

Overall good performance and hopefully Wilshere and Ramsey's can pair together whilst arteta is on the bench (final)
Reply 485
Original post by Pete_91
I'd put Koscielny in the top 10 defenders in the world, maybe top 5 at a push.

Arguments can be made for Dante, Silva, Kompany, Pique being better.

Pique, really? Kompany got better leadership skills but he can also make stupid mistakes as well
imagine bould and wenger doing this

[video="youtube;cNPj8Xm1fSA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPj8Xm1fSA[/video]

i would pay to see it
Original post by AR_95

Overall good performance and hopefully Wilshere and Ramsey's can pair together whilst arteta is on the bench (final)

Are u crazy? Wilshere and Ramsey in the middle would get torn apart as much as I regret to say it we need arteta there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All this talk of Arteta, it's funny because only 2 seasons ago the stats showed that we literally couldn't win a game without him in our XI :laugh:
Reply 489
Original post by Pete_91
I'd put Koscielny in the top 10 defenders in the world, maybe top 5 at a push.

Arguments can be made for Dante, Silva, Kompany, Pique being better.

This is literally the archetypal Arsenal fan comment. I expected better of you.
Reply 490
Original post by Thugnificent.
imagine bould and wenger doing this

[video="youtube;cNPj8Xm1fSA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPj8Xm1fSA[/video]

i would pay to see it

biggest cringe of the ****ing year
Reply 491
Thats a good point but I'm not too worried personally. Even if it was triggered Arsenal are now able to pay larger wages so the pay cheque wouldnt necessarily tempt him away unlike past times (cough rvp cough).
And I think this is a pretty plausable situation: http://arseblog.com/2014/04/why-you-should-ignore-the-all-the-koscielny-stories/ just my (and his) opinion though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are able to pay more expensive wages. But this is PSG, basically the Chelsea/City of France
Reply 492
Original post by AR_95

The intensity that got them beat routinely?
Reply 493
Original post by 419
The intensity that got them beat routinely?

Meant if they repeated what they did in the first half, but for the whole final. It's also a cup final, it's going to be much harder than today anyway haha
Reply 494
Original post by Birdman1234567
All this talk of Arteta, it's funny because only 2 seasons ago the stats showed that we literally couldn't win a game without him in our XI :laugh:

Arsene is too loyal for his own good, it has always been his strength and weakness. Arteta should not have even remained in the club in the summer.
Original post by Numan786
Are u crazy? Wilshere and Ramsey in the middle would get torn apart as much as I regret to say it we need arteta there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes of course because arteta is really holding our midfield together, guy never gets ripped to shreds, done for pace, gives away the ball in tricky situations, slows down counter attacks,lunges in late etc etc! he's bloody perfect!!

Spoiler

Yes of course because arteta is really holding our midfield together, guy never gets ripped to shreds, done for pace, gives away the ball in tricky situations, slows down counter attacks,lunges in late etc etc! he's bloody perfect!!

Spoiler

neither jacky or aaron have the credentials nor the confidence to sideways pass like arteta does. to be fair, in the last 2 games he hasn't done too badly, but a middle 2 of ramsey and wilshere is suicidal, neither would want to stay back and defend.
Original post by Birdman1234567

He's not as bad as everyone is making out?? He's one of our most consistent and accurate passers and he has a decent composure in every game, especially when penalty taking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 498

Spoiler

no offence, but looking at some of your posts, you chat some serious crap.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
neither jacky or aaron have the credentials nor the confidence to sideways pass like arteta does. to be fair, in the last 2 games he hasn't done too badly, but a middle 2 of ramsey and wilshere is suicidal, neither would want to stay back and defend.

rather we have flamini or kallstrom

Latest