The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Having never played a full game this season and still getting 2 goals with 82 minutes per goal in the league isn't an awful return for a Striker that is 3rd choice behind the likes of Sanogo and Giroud.

He's scored 24 times in 52 for Denmark. Sure he's deadwood and not really Arsenal quality but he's not as bad as people make him out to be, this season especially he's done a job when called upon, too bad hes a dickhead. Would fit right in on TOWIE I reckon. No such thing as a waste of squad space for a player with wages he's on for a club like us really, no one else really worthy to take his place from our youth and no real need to get rid with urgency.

Rooney doesn't produce to the levels that his contract suggests he should. Would take 6 Bendtner ability type players over Rooney.

Agree tbh.

I'd go to 200k a week for him tops and even then that's because he's English. He disrupts the team dynamic and isn't good enough to have a system based around him. Ferguson knew this.
Original post by Kruz
YAH GUNNERS YAH. OH YEAH. :lol:

:rofl: Pissed myself laughing when the cameras turned to Ozil and he said that.
Everyone saying we have too much depth in midfield so don't need Cesc need to look at our injury record in midfield.

Ozil, Rosicky, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, AOC, Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla

More than 3 of those missed over 3 months of the season. One missed all but one game.

Cesc and a DM would add an incredible amount of depth and versatility, that could stop us getting beaten badly in the big away games, if at all.

For example (using Martinez and Cesc as our big signings)

Wilshere, Rosicky and Diaby (obviously) get injured and we have to play Liverpool away from home.

We can play 4-3-3:

Giroud
Podolski Walcott
Ramsey Cesc
Martinez

We can also adapt to our more traditional 4-2-3-1:

Giroud
Podolski Ozil/Cesc Walcott
Ramsey/Cesc Martinez

and even 4-4-2

Podolski Giroud
AOC Cesc/Ramsey Martinez Walcott

We're going to get a shed load of injuries next season regardless, we might as well get some world class depth, for 25m that's a steal.
Highly doubt we're getting Martinez. If he came available then I can Chelsea swooping in for him before us too. Whilst Cesc would be a good buy, 35m really is a lot of money and because of that, it could end up being Wenger's only star signing. I'd rather fill other spots like CDM/LW and RB first which in its own could take up to 30-45m. In Fabregas provides some sort of a defensive role then I'd be happy to take him but from what it sounds we'll have 2 players (ramsey/fabregas) both intent for attack, and we'll just end up getting caught out again like this season.

I'd rather Wenger payed 45m for Martinez than 30m for Fabregas, though I'm probably crazy too.
Original post by AR_95
Highly doubt we're getting Martinez. If he came available then I can Chelsea swooping in for him before us too. Whilst Cesc would be a good buy, 35m really is a lot of money and because of that, it could end up being Wenger's only star signing. I'd rather fill other spots like CDM/LW and RB first which in its own could take up to 30-45m. In Fabregas provides some sort of a defensive role then I'd be happy to take him but from what it sounds we'll have 2 players (ramsey/fabregas) both intent for attack, and we'll just end up getting caught out again like this season.

I'd rather Wenger payed 45m for Martinez than 30m for Fabregas, though I'm probably crazy too.

Our buy back clause is 25m not 35m.

DM is a higher priority, but we can't afford to strengthen another team by inaction.
Is there an official report for this 25mil buy back clause on Cesc, honestly don't believe it tbh.
Original post by Pete_91
Our buy back clause is 25m not 35m.

DM is a higher priority, but we can't afford to strengthen another team by inaction.

It's only 25? All this time I thought they were looking for around 35/40 and that's what we were going for. If it was 25m then I'd take what I said back and he should be a definite buy.

Is there an official report for this 25mil buy back clause on Cesc, honestly don't believe it tbh.

I haven't heard anything of this either, would like to see a source for it
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5547

This is what I'm thinking cos he'd be a dead cert for £25 million.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
This is what I'm thinking cos he'd be a dead cert for £25 million.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AR_95
It's only 25? All this time I thought they were looking for around 35/40 and that's what we were going for. If it was 25m then I'd take what I said back and he should be a definite buy.

I haven't heard anything of this either, would like to see a source for it

Reckon its just a first refusal, he probably just has a higher buy-out clause of 30 odd million available for everyone.
Reckon its just a first refusal, he probably just has a higher buy-out clause of 30 odd million available for everyone.

Would we not have a foot ahead of everyone else since we sold him?
Reply 5550

Must be cos first I've heard of it- no pundits say it and you would be crazy not to sign him back for that price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
tbf he was a quality player for Arsenal. I don't know what went wrong, a mixture on and off the pitch problems I guess. He's still one of my favourite players to play for Arsenal ever.

On a side note I just realised Rosicky transferred to Arsenal when he was 25 he's 33 now. True Legend

Transferred in 2006 I think, there's a reason why he's Marco Reus 'boyhood hero' lol
According to BBC Sport, Chelsea have agreed to sell Luiz to PSG for £40m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27553042
Absolute bull**** that you have some £25m buyout clause
Barca still owe us money for Cesc.
The same Barca who said " We don't think he's a 40m player" now wants to sell him for around 45m lol
:rofl: So according to that list posted Djourou is still at the club. Hasn't it been 10 years now. Jesus
Original post by Birdman1234567
:rofl: So according to that list posted Djourou is still at the club. Hasn't it been 10 years now. Jesus

Must be a mistake, I swear he's permanently signed at HSV now.
Original post by Blame Game
Absolute bull**** that you have some £25m buyout clause

"Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas that was agreed as part of the deal that saw him move back to the Nou Camp in 2011. Should he inform Barca that he wants to return to the Emirates, then Arsenal can re-sign him for around £25 million."- Sauce: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cesc-fabregas/10848957/Cesc-Fabregas-wants-return-to-Premier-League-as-Arsenal-and-Manchester-United-linked-with-Barcelona-midfielder.html

Wenger even confirmed there are clause in his contract
Original post by sevchenko
"Arsenal have a buy-back option on Fabregas that was agreed as part of the deal that saw him move back to the Nou Camp in 2011. Should he inform Barca that he wants to return to the Emirates, then Arsenal can re-sign him for around £25 million."- Sauce: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cesc-fabregas/10848957/Cesc-Fabregas-wants-return-to-Premier-League-as-Arsenal-and-Manchester-United-linked-with-Barcelona-midfielder.html

Wenger even confirmed there are clause in his contract

Thanks for linking it, most people cba.

But a Telegraph report is hardly concrete

Latest