The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Yeah ofc we can't rely on those type of players anymore and it would be incompetent to, especially with our financial position now.

Jonkers appointment is well done tbh, particularly with Brady staying to ease the transition. Thats the way I envision Arsene leaving, him fading away would be better for the club imo since atm he is in control of a lot and I can't help but feel that would overwhelm a new manager with other added expectations too. Either Wenger stays in the background for a while or works with the new manager to implement more delegation straight away.

I've always wondered how he manages to keep it on the down-low. Reckon the media will end up linking us with all available players by the end of the summer just on the off chance they can get one right and can celebrate.

We should be all over Bony, i rate him a lot.

Yeah, really glad Brady's staying on, I think we can afford for him to. Been thinking as well, what'll happen when Arsene leaves. I'd like him to stay on in some sort of capacity but, once things start going on, the cameras will be panning for him and questioning the burden of his shadow. Would it be wise if he stayed on?

Bony's won me over as well. But if we signed him, Sanogo would also need to step up his game.
Original post by carlisomes
Jose is a great manager (best in the world since Fergie retired) but he makes your team as boring as ****. lol.. If he wants to park the bus, he should apply for a job at Transport for London....

he's getting his just desserts...I don't believe in karma but it IS funny to see his "enemy" win us the FA Cup, and him with a better team pussy up the league and only finish ahead of us on goal difference. lol...

Take a look at the league table pls. That's all I have to say on this. It can't even be dyslexia since 79 and 82 look nothing alike.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5722
Original post by jam278
What does managing Chelsea against Atlético have to do with Managing Real against Atlético? Class A eggs, class A omelettes. If you have chicken and only salt and pepper seasoning, will your chicken taste dry or not?

Call people out, is Sakho starting for france or not?

This is how it went

Using another mans point. Damn dude!

Can you bbq pierogi though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Poldi threw some journalist into a pool today at Germany's training camp

https://vine.co/v/MwI5KtEpiix

what a legend
419 you're clearly not responding to my well thought out points properly so good day, I hope God clears you of your prion based disorder.
Original post by AR_95
What about Ballotelli (leaving the mentality aside)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it's that easy to separate Ballotelli and his mentality...

We should be all over Bony, i rate him a lot.

Not enough of an upgrade on Giroud imo. He hasn't consistently shown enough for me at Swansea, despite him having a great season in general. He is not the player Arsenal need to be buying especially when it will be at least £12m. It's like this Michu hype from last year, really good players but for a CL side they aren't good enough to be starters.

Original post by Zürich
Poldi threw some journalist into a pool today at Germany's training camp

https://vine.co/v/MwI5KtEpiix

what a legend

LEGEND definition a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Endless Blue
Because it's that easy to separate Ballotelli and his mentality...

I never said it was easy. I wanted to separate his performance and focus on that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth

LEGEND definition a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.

What are you trying to tell me here, that you take everything literally? :rolleyes:
Original post by jam278
Take a look at the league table pls. That's all I have to say on this. It can't even be dyslexia since 79 and 82 look nothing alike.

ok, so only three points difference. but the point is he slated Arsene when despite spending more and having a larger squad and more money at his disposal, he didn't do much better than Arsene did.
Reply 5730
When you make someone claim to be trolling.

Original post by 419
This is how it went

Using another mans point. Damn dude!

Can you bbq pierogi though.

Didn't want them to win the CL in honesty.

A small club compared to Real...kind of like Liverpool playing Everton or United playing City* in the CL final.

* flame me, I can take it, but United has more tradition/history and more fans...people know who the late Best or Sir Bobby, few outside England know who Rodney Marsh or Frannie Lee or Kinkladze are...
Original post by Kruz
You're back where've you been?

5 week holiday bro.
Original post by carlisomes
ok, so only three points difference. but the point is he slated Arsene when despite spending more and having a larger squad and more money at his disposal, he didn't do much better than Arsene did.

New club, bedding in time. Other factors, you got knocked out early in the CL as well so less fixture congestion. I doubt you'd have come 4th if you beat Bayern and got to the semi final while carrying on the FA cup run. But you'd have probably rested for the FA cup games and get knocked out so it goes two ways.

But yes he did better than Mourinho all factors considered, didn't say he didn't though.
Original post by 419
Yeah, really glad Brady's staying on, I think we can afford for him to. Been thinking as well, what'll happen when Arsene leaves. I'd like him to stay on in some sort of capacity but, once things start going on, the cameras will be panning for him and questioning the burden of his shadow. Would it be wise if he stayed on?

Bony's won me over as well. But if we signed him, Sanogo would also need to step up his game.

I think the burden will be there regardless but i'm sure he will be scapegoated if we get a run of bad results. I don't want him too involved with the stem of the club but he's an iconic figure from top to bottom of Arsenal so to have him vanish completely would certainly scream a need for some stability.

Sanogo should go on loan with but with Bendtner leaving that won't happen unless we bring in 2 strikers really. I've warmed to Sanogo and i think he's actually unlucky not to bag a few goals this season.
Can the mods block user from a thread, this jam guy is just simply annoying, waste a thread space. If you want to sell murinho propaganda, do it on the chelsea thread, you'll get more followers there instead of looking for argument in here.
Goal.com are a ******* Joke. I wish I was a sports journalist, being paid to crap like this: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3774/the-insider/2014/05/25/4839413/the-insider-arsenal-in-madrid-to-negotiate-with-mystery
They are payed to spout ****. I don't think they credit their own writing let alone expect us to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5738

Sanogo should go on loan with but with Bendtner leaving that won't happen unless we bring in 2 strikers really. I've warmed to Sanogo and i think he's actually unlucky not to bag a few goals this season.

Sanogo has a lot of potential and I definitely see a game changer in him. When he came on in the 61st minute, the game changed; hulls defence went mad and he helped create space for the midfielders to get shots in. Within 10 minutes of his arrival, Arsenal had equalised and I think that's a lot due to him.

Generally speaking, he isn't an "Arsenal type" player, you wouldn't think he'd fit in at Arsenal yet somehow it works, he provides that balance and although he's still young and raw at the moment (watching him mess up chances and be awkward with the ball can be frustrating), I have a feeling that, with given time, he'll be great for us.

Sanogo can definitely get a lot of goals next season given if Wenger utilizes him correctively.
Original post by Setsuna
Can the mods block user from a thread, this jam guy is just simply annoying, waste a thread space. If you want to sell murinho propaganda, do it on the chelsea thread, you'll get more followers there instead of looking for argument in here.

Ignore button, use it. Not like you make posts that are really worth me looking at anyway, this has probably been your most interesting post.

Latest