The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
It wasn't really a strike per say, but rather the club and Cesc had come to an agreement that he would be sold in the summer so opted not to play him for the rest of the season (Source: today's Arsecast!) especially considering that the club begged him to stay for one more season and he did.

Barca may be more willing to sell to you but tough ****, we have first refusal and so what they want becomes irrelevant! Other clubs have to bid in excess of £30m (which makes no sense considering his buy out clause is more than that I believe) but we can get him back for just £25m

If Cesc ends up at CFC it will be Wenger's fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you probably can't get him back for £25m i don't know why you believe that lmfao
Original post by jam278
Yeah Walcott is definitely a grade A snake.

100k man. Probably is worth 100k a week wages though looking at it now tbf but Walcott basically just did a Rooney.

The whole "I wanna play through the middle" chat from him is now clearly bull****. He's probably played centrally a grand total of 5 times, if that, all it was about was money and Theo trying to maintain his good, loving charming young man act rather than the money hungry **** he is! And the annoying thing is, we are gonna have to go through that bull**** with him again soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yawn-er
You make it sound as though he WANTS to leave? He's the one that loves Barca, but what's he supposed to do when he's been told to piss off?

And what's he supposed to do when his beloved Arsenal say no to buying him back?

You guys're reacting like little kids tbh.

Nobody can force him to leave.

Given the choice between staying at Barca or joining Chelsea I should think his decision would be automatic.

Let's not act as if he'd be sent to train with the kids, Luis Enrique would have to factor him into his plans if he insisted on staying.
Original post by Zürich
There are certain players you just know would **** you over given a chance, not even the obvious ones as well. Giroud is another one I am 100% sure would have no probs doing us over so so badly :laugh:

Which is why I dont give a toss about any of the **** Ozil, Podolski etc post on twitter because it's all just PR/fun for them. But I genuinely believed that Cesc was an Arsenal man through and through and that leaving for Barcelona was a genuine one off situation.

Giroud of course, look at his ****ing personal life guy is a joke. :rofl:

United players are just as bad, how can Vidic leave mid season and tell them he's going to Inter.

Football is a job first and foremost. Tbh half your players can be improved on anyway. Ramsey is irreplaceable, Reckon Wilshere is too, the likes of Walcott/Ox/Podolski/Giroud etc are replaceable so it doesn't matter if they're snakes.Tbh I just don't get why Arsenal didn't go for Higuain and Gustavo, would have been title sorted.
The whole "I wanna play through the middle" chat from him is now clearly bull****. He's probably played centrally a grand total of 5 times, if that, all it was about was money and Theo trying to maintain his good, loving charming young man act rather than the money hungry **** he is! And the annoying thing is, we are gonna have to go through that bull**** with him again soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf to Walcott, he sees that at other clubs he can get more than he currently had at Arsenal, he's run down his contract and is having a very good season at the time, he has a lot of leverage in this situation. 100k probably is what he's worth, his playing style is simplistic but his goals and pace is valuable.
He's gone to Chavski lads, its over.
Original post by little_tom

How do you know?
Original post by jam278
That's true.

Fair enough, I think it's unlikely. I reckon that Barca do want to sell to us though.

Why?!

Only for more money and even I'd that is the case, any profit they make on the fee agreed between us and Barca we get half.

In terms of European competition it would make sense for them to sell him to us, we are a long way off of doing anything in the CL, you lot reached the semis. We have further to go on that front and probably need 6-7 players, whereas for you, one or two players would be the difference between losing in the semis and winning the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...evidence?
Original post by jam278
How do you know?

Look on all betting sites. Arsenal are 5/1 to sign Cesc now.

Seriously...betting odds, that's all you've got?

Yes because the bookies are always right! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why?!

Only for more money and even I'd that is the case, any profit they make on the fee agreed between us and Barca we get half.

In terms of European competition it would make sense for them to sell him to us, we are a long way off of doing anything in the CL, you lot reached the semis. We have further to go on that front and probably need 6-7 players, whereas for you, one or two players would be the difference between losing in the semis and winning the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree on that front. But money wise they'll get about say 3-4M.

In european competition wise, there is not much difference in strength between Chelsea and Arsenal, just that one team is better set up for that competition tactically.

You probably need 2 players tbh. Just get a winger and a DM, maybe an RB if Jenkinson ain't up to it.

Reputable source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91
Seriously...betting odds, that's all you've got?

Yes because the bookies are always right! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were odds on favorite to sign him yesterday, now we have 5/1 odds. This doesn't happen unless they probably got information of some sort.

nah, I'm exaggerating, but honestly, every optimist should put a tenner on those odds. it would pay for the shirt if he actually came to Arsenal
We were odds on favorite to sign him yesterday, now we have 5/1 odds. This doesn't happen unless they probably got information of some sort.

nah, I'm exaggerating, but honestly, every optimist should put a tenner on those odds. it would pay for the shirt if he actually came to Arsenal

You realise that a computer programme could determine odds if you fed it information on betting patterns?

If I put £100k on Arsenal to sign Cesc this minute, the bookies' odds on that would drop like a stone without any new information other than some mug punter fancies it.
Original post by Zürich
You realise that a computer programme could determine odds if you fed it information on betting patterns?

If I put £100k on Arsenal to sign Cesc this minute, the bookies' odds on that would drop like a stone without any new information other than some mug punter fancies it.

if it was only one bookmaker that had changed us from 4/5 to 5/1 I would agree that its been manipulated, but literally all bookmakers have chelsea as odds on favorite now
Bookie are there to make money and balance risk on the bets they take not to predict events. The bookie odds are a reflection of punters not some inside line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Bookie are there to make money and balance risk on the bets they take not to predict events. The bookie odds are a reflection of punters not some inside line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its both. odds change with information all the time

if madrid are 1.3 before a game and then get isnide knowledge that ronaldo isnt starting that would probably jump to 1.6, and so on. happens all the time
Reply 6639
**** this man. I will not watch any Chelsea games, even if they're against Arsenal if Fabregas goes to the bridge. How the **** do I even watch him in a blue shirt?
It's been ****ing impossible watching him in a barca kit.

It'll ruin my summer

Latest