The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10885520/Arsenal-could-miss-out-on-Cesc-Fabregas-payment-in-Chelsea-transfer-deal-with-Barcelona.html

:lol: this is too funny.

Still think he's Arsenal bound though.
Original post by AR_95
Putting two up front would work when we have to chase the games but not gonna count on it until we get a very good CDM and a decent RB.

Still though, I don't think he'll come to Arsenal and it will be similar to the whole Higuain thing from last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where would he go then?

Liverpool and City don't need him, Chelsea just bought Costa, Real will go for a bigger name signing than Mandzukic, Bayern won't sell to Dortmund and I don't see him going to anywhere but a CL club. He could do what Gomez did and go to Serie A. Inter maybe would be a good option, Atlético may use the money from the Costa sale to buy him like they did with Falcao but you don't see that happening as I don't think he's owned by a third party.

So you're essentially left with Inter and Arsenal who would be in for him. Possibly Chelsea if we sell Lukaku but that would just be stupidity levels 1000.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Where would he go then?

Liverpool and City don't need him, Chelsea just bought Costa, Real will go for a bigger name signing than Mandzukic, Bayern won't sell to Dortmund and I don't see him going to anywhere but a CL club. He could do what Gomez did and go to Serie A. Inter maybe would be a good option, Atlético may use the money from the Costa sale to buy him like they did with Falcao but you don't see that happening as I don't think he's owned by a third party.

So you're essentially left with Inter and Arsenal who would be in for him. Possibly Chelsea if we sell Lukaku but that would just be stupidity levels 1000.

I honestly don't know. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then find out we didn't get him as usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I honestly don't know. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then find out we didn't get him as usual.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsene definitely knows how to suck out the support.

I think you'll get Mandzukic tbh. There is PSG if they sell Cavani I guess.
Original post by jam278
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10885520/Arsenal-could-miss-out-on-Cesc-Fabregas-payment-in-Chelsea-transfer-deal-with-Barcelona.html

:lol: this is too funny.

Still think he's Arsenal bound though.

Where would he go then?

What do you mean by the Atletico stuff? Atletico own Costa outright, therefore they'll get all the money for him, therefore they can buy Mandzukic
Original post by jam278
Loan out Sanogo as well to a prem team for him to get experience.

That would be tough to arrange as I'm sure most people recognise that Sanogo is hopeless and completely useless. Maybe a championship side could be interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Straight up G
What do you mean by the Atletico stuff? Atletico own Costa outright, therefore they'll get all the money for him, therefore they can buy Mandzukic

Falcao was owned by a third party but mandzukic isn't, so he has more choice over where to go

As in they'd probably like to buy somebody with third party ownership. They could have the money from Costa, but they're in severe debt, so they're not going to spunk excess of 20M on one striker, even if they got that money from Costa.

Mandzukic would have no resale value, so they're probably best off getting him to join a third party, which I don't think he's willing to do. Third party players are generally those who are from south america, non established but quality players who try to make a name for themselves. Mandzukic has already made a name for himself.

You can see Atléti making signings similar to that of dortmund. More astute signings of less known players than splash out on a big signing, if you see them splash out on big signings more likely than not they're third party owned.
Original post by jam278
As in they'd probably like to buy somebody with third party ownership. They could have the money from Costa, but they're in severe debt, so they're not going to spunk excess of 20M on one striker, even if they got that money from Costa.

Mandzukic would have no resale value, so they're probably best off getting him to join a third party, which I don't think he's willing to do. Third party players are generally those who are from south america, non established but quality players who try to make a name for themselves. Mandzukic has already made a name for himself.

You can see Atléti making signings similar to that of dortmund. More astute signings of less known players than splash out on a big signing, if you see them splash out on big signings more likely than not they're third party owned.

The third party point is largely useless, because obviously only young South American players are affiliated to third parties, Mandzukic wouldn't 'join' a third party, it's not something that's done.

I know they're in debt but they've been linked to Lukaku, Torres, Mandzukic, even to Suarez last summer. Simeone probably has enough bargaining power to get himself some money to spend on a striker but idrk the whole situation.
The third party point is largely useless, because obviously only young South American players are affiliated to third parties, Mandzukic wouldn't 'join' a third party, it's not something that's done.

I know they're in debt but they've been linked to Lukaku, Torres, Mandzukic, even to Suarez last summer. Simeone probably has enough bargaining power to get himself some money to spend on a striker but idrk the whole situation.

If we look at the striker's he/Atlético has bought, he has generally used third party ownership/youth squad players or used a weird potentially backhanded deal to get them on the cheap(see Villa and the potential first refusal). I doubt he'll get a marquee striker like that and if he does it'll be on loan/under 15M.

Torres Chelsea would pay off(unfortunately) for him to go to Atléti due to his 170k wages that they can't afford. Lukaku, he'll probably go off on loan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are we still getting Richards?
Original post by BigBadJFly
Are we still getting Richards?

Didn't know we were in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Didn't know we were in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, there were big rumours at the beginning of the transfer window

http://www.squawka.com/news/micah-richards-congratulates-arsenal-ahead-of-possible-summer-switch/111964
Ancelotti speaks out about Morata leaving this summerhttp://talksport.com/football/man-united-and-arsenal-alert-ancelotti-confirms-real-madrid-forward-set-summer-exitWith Morata/Mandzukic both leaving, and Ballotelli/Remy available, it's really interesting to see who we'll end up with.If we don't sign a single striker I'll seriously be pissed.
How bad is the reaction going to be when Cesc is confirmed at Chelsea? **** hit the fan when the SSN rumours surfaced but it seems to have calmed a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are we saying when he is confirmed. You mean if.

It's not a done deal.
I've already sucked it up tbh. DOn't really care anymore if he does end up going
Original post by Endless Blue
How bad is the reaction going to be when Cesc is confirmed at Chelsea? **** hit the fan when the SSN rumours surfaced but it seems to have calmed a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The reaction will only be bad if Wenger doesn't spend. Once you get over the initial hurt ache you can see why Arsene would pass up the opportunity to get him back.

If we go out, get a top striker, big scary DM, quality right back, possibly a LW along with a GK and CB, the first 4 more so than the last 2, and spend some serious cash all will be forgotten and somewhat forgiven.

However, if we spend £40m-£50m on some rank average players, all hell will break loose!

An angry Arsenal fanbase is a scary thing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If we do end up getting Cesc and people have a breakdown about buying the wrong players next year, I will quit the forum
Original post by AR_95
If we do end up getting Cesc and people have a breakdown about buying the wrong players next year, I will quit the forum

Cesc + players we need = good thing.
Cesc + some of the players we need = decent thing.
Cesc + no players we need = bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
Cesc + players we need = good thing.
Cesc + some of the players we need = decent thing.
Cesc + no players we need = bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good needed players but no Cesc > Cesc + not as good needed players tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest