The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Nasri as a cam is woeful. Likewise Rooney. If santi gets a run as a cam again we will see him at his best. If he can win us an fa cup playin bad then what does it say about him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

17 goals and 10 assists in 27 games = woeful

wot
Original post by baconbutty
A good freekick vs hull makes him one of the best ams around? Xavi doesn't play cam so I don't understand that argument and anyone watching zidane would know he's 10x the player cazorla is. He had a nifty habbit of being consistent as well cazorla is absolute **** vs any decent opposition and bang average vs the rest

Was bang average in the cup v spurs everton and liverpool? How about the final where he dragged us back into it. Poor season he has had by his standards yes but ur makin him out to be completely useless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
17 goals and 10 assists in 27 games = woeful

wot

19 goals and 15 assists in 38 games. So Rooney gets a goal or assist every match. Yeah that's woeful. :rofl:

Anyway, I smell blood.
Was bang average in the cup v spurs everton and liverpool? How about the final where he dragged us back into it. Poor season he has had by his standards yes but ur makin him out to be completely useless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** vs liverpool absolute liability defensively
Scored a free kick

One of the best ams in the world apparently. At least wenger actually had the balls to drop him this season rather than let him keep dishing out **** performances it's funny the stick giroud gets when Uve got people like cazorla doing **** all.

He needs replacing far far more urgently than giroud
(edited 9 years ago)
Cazorla isn't a bad player just been off form this season I guess but he isn't excellent or one of the top AMs in the world which people are saying

You can't really fit him what with the team revolving around Ozil now and putting him on the left is just making things worse for both him and the team

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scored a free kick

One of the best ams in the world apparently. At least wenger actually had the balls to drop him this season rather than let him keep dishing out **** performances it's funny the stick giroud gets when Uve got people like cazorla doing **** all.

That last statement shows what you know. Giroud is not as bad as people make out but he is obviously a bigger problem than cazorla. Lack of pace and poor finishing at crucial moments spring to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scored a free kick

Giroud doesn't need immediate replacing, just needs cover or we need an alternative option

Though Giroud has been abysmal at times however I will say Giroud has had a better season than Cazorla

Posted from TSR Mobile
That last statement shows what you know. Giroud is not as bad as people make out but he is obviously a bigger problem than cazorla. Lack of pace and poor finishing at crucial moments spring to mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Girouds missed some chances cazorla has been absolutely anonymous for most of the season. Giroud has had **** all service in half the games he's played in this season. It's funny to see
him blamed every time we're battered by our rivals. He was instrumental to being top of the table early in the season and it's no coincidence his poor form came at a time when Ramsey, Walcott and ozil were all suffering injuries. If you think the CF position needs replacing before LW don't reply to this because I don't value your opinion at all and frankly it shows me just how full of **** you are. (Sorry for saying it like it is but I just can't stand people like you who spout *******s)
Girouds missed some chances cazorla has been absolutely anonymous for most of the season. Giroud has had **** all service in half the games he's played in this season. It's funny to see
him blamed every time we're battered by our rivals. He was instrumental to being top of the table early in the season and it's no coincidence his poor form came at a time when Ramsey, Walcott and ozil were all suffering injuries. If you think the CF position needs replacing before LW don't reply to this because I don't value your opinion at all and frankly it shows me just how full of **** you are. (Sorry for saying it like it is but I just can't stand people like you who spout *******s)

Yeah I agree, LW needs replacing, most of the attacks from that left wing comes from Gibbs. It costs them in the big games because he pushes his fullbacks too far up.

Giroud doesn't need to be replaced that badly. Out of the top 4 teams, Arsenal created the second from least clear cut chances, only better than Chelsea in that respect. Says it all.

Giroud missed key chances in both games v united, vs city at ethiad, vs chelsea at the bridge. Thats of the top of my head. We are in for a striker cos Giroud is not good enough. Im speakin about cazorla as a cam, obv dont want him out wide. Dont see how im full of ****, most people know Giroud is a bigger problem than santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Banter if Giroud scored in the World Cup final
Giroud missed key chances in both games v united, vs city at ethiad, vs chelsea at the bridge. Thats of the top of my head. We are in for a striker cos Giroud is not good enough. Im speakin about cazorla as a cam, obv dont want him out wide. Dont see how im full of ****, most people know Giroud is a bigger problem than santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aguero, Suarez, Sturridge have all missed some absolute sitters Aguero probably did the miss of the season on the final day do they need replacing as well? Giroud had one miss from a corner vs utd van persie missed a 1on1 and a point blank header does he need replacing as well? The chances vs chelsea were hardly clear cut were they Willian missed a chance just as good at the emirates does he need replacing? He only needed to score 7 goals at the bridge to dig us out of that one.

You're a frustrating man
Aguero, Suarez, Sturridge have all missed some absolute sitters Aguero probably did the miss of the season on the final day do they need replacing as well? Giroud had one miss from a corner vs utd van persie missed a 1on1 and a point blank header does he need replacing as well? The chances vs chelsea were hardly clear cut were they Willian missed a chance just as good at the emirates does he need replacing? He only needed to score 7 goals at the bridge to dig us out of that one.

You're a frustrating man

SAS and Aguero are much better than Giroud. Big game players. Rvp inspired united to the title scoring vs big and small teams. The chance at the bridge was at 0-0, he bottled it tho. But cazorla the man instrumental in us ending a 9 year drought is a bigger problem? Glad you aren't our manger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SAS and Aguero are much better than Giroud. Big game players. Rvp inspired united to the title scoring vs big and small teams. The chance at the bridge was at 0-0, he bottled it tho. But cazorla the man instrumental in us ending a 9 year drought is a bigger problem? Glad you aren't our manger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't bottle is cech saved it it's what keepers do. Don't want to reply to you anymore though as it's clear you lack any sort of football knowledge you keep bringing up cazorla in the FA cup when he's bin **** all season while conveniently forgetting girouds assist to Ramsey for the winner. You've got your own bias for unknown reasons though and until I get a full apology in PM from you and you denounce yourself and all of your sub-human, cave man like ideologies we won't be speaking anymore.
He didn't bottle is cech saved it it's what keepers do. Don't want to reply to you anymore though as it's clear you lack any sort of football knowledge you keep bringing up cazorla in the FA cup when he's bin **** all season while conveniently forgetting girouds assist to Ramsey for the winner. You've got your own bias for unknown reasons though and until I get a full apology in PM from you and you denounce yourself and all of your sub-human, cave man like ideologies we won't be speaking anymore.

What a child. Throwing a tantrum because I don't agree with you. Yes fair play to Giroud for the backheel, but santi was immense in previous rounds and got us back into the final. Giroud is good as a backup striker but we need an upgrade on him and we definitely need to keep santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7375

Spoiler

Mata getting 20 goals and 35 assists in 11/12 is what ud call world class not this ****

So much accuracy from a stats man.

Original post by AR_95
Cazorla isn't a bad player just been off form this season I guess but he isn't excellent or one of the top AMs in the world which people are saying

You can't really fit him what with the team revolving around Ozil now and putting him on the left is just making things worse for both him and the team

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't get why people keep saying this. His best work the previous season came from the left. Santi is absolutely pants in the middle. With Malaga and Villareal he played mainly on the wing. He's always made his money playing on the wing which isn't surprising because his strongest points- his ambidexterity and quick feet- are suited to wing plays.

In the middle all that happens is he gets passed on to the next defender and moves laterally from one wing to another. Whilst on the wing, there's vertical progression most of the time.

Wonder what the evidence that he's good through the middle comes from.
(edited 9 years ago)

You're a frustrating man

Are you saying Giroud should be our main striker next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the wing at Malaga and at Villareal they played 4-2-2-2, it's a different system to what Arsenal play, which actually requires the use of a real winger.

Finally, I don't like slating butty, but Mata got 20 goals and 35 assists in the 12/13 season. In the 11/12 season he got 12 goals and 20 assists iirc. Still a very good tally for sure.

Also said at the start of the season there is little difference in ability between Mata and Ozil, still retain that point. Anybody disagree now and still thinks Ozil is the saviour of mankind?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
On the wing at Malaga and at Villareal they played 4-2-2-2, it's a different system to what Arsenal play, which actually requires the use of a real winger.

Exact reason I say we would do better with Pedro than Sanchez. But a lot of people think otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Exact reason I say we would do better with Pedro than Sanchez. But a lot of people think otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? Doesn't make sense, They both play on the wing, even if Sanchez prefers a central role at Barca he's done a very good job at the wing, they play a similar system to you guys, well the most similar to you guys if we were to compare the leagues I guess.

Latest