The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Your liverpool hate is pathetic personally.

Why haven't you still answered back to me yet?

I don't hate Liverpool I just found it funny and I did answer back. Liverpool fans come here and bash Arsenal you don't see me complaining of Arsenal hate. I'm not gonna continue this again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
I don't hate Liverpool I just found it funny and I did answer back. I'm not gonna continue this again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't answer to me quoting you just happening to be using Stuttgart in FM...

I highly doubt you're a Stuttgart fan either since you'd actually be talking about them in the German football thread...
Original post by jam278
You didn't answer to me quoting you just happening to be using Stuttgart in FM...

I highly doubt you're a Stuttgart fan either since you'd actually be talking about them in the German football thread...

Anyways if you look through the football manager thread you'll see that someone also questioned me about Timo Werner. I made the comment of a German guy I work with was talking to me about him.

Well do you have to be of fan of a certain team in a different league to watch them now? I didn't just say buy Werner on the basis of FM, I've also watched him play for Stuttgart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8823
Not at all surprised about the Balo thing, but kind of annoying that Yanks get to hear Wenger's thought on football in general and we barely get to.

Chuks Aneke signed for Zulte in Belgium. It's the team the Thorgan Hazard has played for the last couple of seasons so hopefully it bodes well for his career. He might play in Europa league.

Original post by jam278

You're the LAST person that can call out out someone for basing their opinion on FM. Leave this nonsense to other thread please.
(edited 9 years ago)
So according to BBC sport we got 12m for not buying back Vela. Lolz
Original post by 419

You're the LAST person that can call out out someone for basing their opinion on FM. Leave this nonsense to other thread please.

I say I play FM.
I don't make my opinions of players based on FM.

Otherwise Jonjo Shelvey and Khouma Babacar are going to be world class signings for Chelsea and Daniel Sturridge is a second rate player. We know how I feel about Sturridge anyway despite FM disagreeing. Also the imposter is actually competent in FM.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8826
Original post by jam278

I'm a Stuttgart fan too, because that's where I'm from, but I don't talk about them anywhere, because I haven't been able to watch them for the last 9 years or so. We don't all live at home with our parents and a nice TV package. :dontknow:
Original post by llys
I'm a Stuttgart fan too, because that's where I'm from, but I don't talk about them anywhere, because I haven't been able to watch them for the last 9 years or so. We don't all live at home with our parents and a nice TV package. :dontknow:
I haven't been able to watch them for the last 9 years or so.
I haven't been able to watch them for the last 9 years or so.

Can you see the contradictions in the bit in bold.

If you wanted to watch Stuttgart that badly because you're a fan you would have. You got little kids in uruguay trying to sneak their way into stadiums or going in large buildings so they can watch their team play from above the stadium. That's a poor excuse for not watching them.
Original post by AR_95
So according to BBC sport we got 12m for not buying back Vela. Lolz

Still preparing for FFP are we?

Won't be surprised if there is less than one signing by August.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8828
Original post by jam278
Can you see the contradictions in the bit in bold.

If you wanted to watch Stuttgart that badly because you're a fan you would have.

How? I've lived in Italy, the USA, Switzerland, and now England. Now England actually show some games on BT sport, but I don't have it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by llys
How? I've lived in Italy, the USA, Switzerland, and now England. Now England actually show some games on BT sport, but I don't have it.
Most of the people on here don't have Sky and BT only came about this season. There are internet viewing methods.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by llys
How?

You lived around the Stuttgart area. Did anybody have a TV that you knew around there? Did you have a computer/Laptop at any point during those 9 years?

Do you watch them now? Because you are using the internet now and I assume you aren't on TSR mobile. If you can go on the internet you can watch them.

Also, there are sites where you can watch full matches after they have been recorded.

It's a poor excuse personally.
Reply 8831
Original post by jam278
You lived around the Stuttgart area. Did anybody have a TV that you knew around there? Did you have a computer/Laptop at any point during those 9 years?

Do you watch them now? Because you are using the internet now and I assume you aren't on TSR mobile. If you can go on the internet you can watch them.

Also, there are sites where you can watch full matches after they have been recorded.

It's a poor excuse personally.

Yes, I had internet. I didn't know about streaming sites until very recently, though. But it's all right. I don't mind being a "poor fan". :lol:
Anyway, are you guys going to actually make a signing or is Wenger going to carry on smoking crack cocaine until August?
Original post by 419
Not at all surprised about the Balo thing, but kind of annoying that Yanks get to hear Wenger's thought on football in general and we barely get to.

Chuks Aneke signed for Zulte in Belgium. It's the team the Thorgan Hazard has played for the last couple of seasons so hopefully it bodes well for his career. He might play in Europa league.

Hope it works out for Chuks, would like to see more English youngster go abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol at that jam guy baiting people out when he got done himself a month or so ago. if people missed it he was gettin all defensive and frontin like hes a victim on here :lol: he got murdered tho and man couldnt even respond :rofl:

Original post by jam278

Yes, according to that part you are using ad hominem in attacking the traits of a reader by implying I am a homosexual and in doing that saying that I'm also biased towards Sturridge. So yes I believe you have usedAd hom in your argument.

Original post by Slow Jamz
Never did I say: 'Jam, because you are a homosexual, you have no credibility in a football discussion'. That is an example of an ad hominem, and it fits your definition too - an ad hominem is an argument used in a discussion which is deliberately irrelevant to a person's actual point but rather focuses on the negative aspects of an unrelated fact about them.

What I said was not an ad hominem; 'lose the Sturridge boner' is just a street way of saying 'take off your Sturridge blinkers', which equates to 'you are being biased towards Daniel Sturridge'. The phrase 'lose the Sturridge boner' in no way indicates that boners in general are negative, in no way indicates that it makes you a homosexual and that's negative, and in no way suggests that a love of/bias towards Daniel Sturridge is negative. There is nothing in that statement that is negative and/or usable in an ad hom attack.

*besides, if it did suggest that a love of Sturridge was negative, it would not be an ad hom at all, seeing as Sturridge is relevant to this case. But it does not suggest that a love of Sturridge is negative. To further back this up, you only have to look at my own love of Sturridge.

Before you try and act clever, pick arguments on TSR, or try and use fancy Latin, try and understand the terms that you're using and keep a rational mindset.

Seeing as you said 'repeated' ad homs, could you find me two instances of ad homs in this discussion from me to you? The one you tried to give above is not an ad hom, and 'repeated' would imply more than one.
Original post by Parano!d
lol at that jam guy baiting people out when he got done himself a month or so ago. if people missed it he was gettin all defensive and frontin like hes a victim on here :lol: he got murdered tho and man couldnt even respond :rofl:

You support tottenham.

Enough said your team is a joke.
Damn Jam is going HAM
Reply 8838
Original post by jam278
I say I play FM.
I don't make my opinions of players based on FM.

Otherwise Jonjo Shelvey and Khouma Babacar are going to be world class signings for Chelsea and Daniel Sturridge is a second rate player. We know how I feel about Sturridge anyway despite FM disagreeing. Also the imposter is actually competent in FM.

You're telling me that you've never phrased something along the lines of "On FM I do the same thing" to try and give credence to your point?
Original post by 419
You're telling me that you've never phrased something along the lines of "On FM I do the same thing" to try and give credence to your point?

Nope, E.g. I said Walcott reminds me of some striker I had in FM with similar attributes to him.

It's more a tangent than anything else. Not to back up my point. I'd back up my point with his movements, his stats and general play. Obviously he can be improved on when you have people like Robben/Di Maria/Cuadrado who can do what he does and more.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest