The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
haha true - colour means a great deal in football.

i have an uncle who's a leeds supporter.
he won't buy a red car because it reminds him of manchester united...

True. It really annoyed me when Nike put a blue ring in our sleeves for our most recent home strip tbh, how hard is it to make an Arsenal kit really? The sleeves are the important bit and they managed to **** it up with blue of all colours. Also pissed when the red is the wrong shade, needs to be less deep than Utd/Liverpool for starters and not be as 'obvious' . :colonhash:

Cant imagine what Cardiff and even Southampton fans feel like these days :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
True. It really annoyed me when Nike put a blue ring in our sleeves for our most recent home strip tbh, how hard is it to make an Arsenal kit really? The sleeves are the important bit and they managed to **** it up with blue of all colours. Also pissed when the red is the wrong shade, needs to be less deep than Utd/Liverpool for starters and not be as 'obvious' . :colonhash:

Extremely pissed off. Its actually funny that the away kit was sold out in most stores in Cardiff and they had so many home ones left that they put it on sale... :lol:
Original post by Zürich

as a frame of reference, designers should NEVER change the colour of a home kit even slightly unless it holds general approval in the fan base.
fiar enough you can alter away/alternate kits, but the home kit is the colour of the club.

yeah definitely, arsenal's shade of red has always been slightly different to ours.

feel so bad for cardiff; some of their fans could've been watching the team they love for decades wearing their blue kit
to change it to red is an absolute abomination.
Tom Ince is a ****ing joke how are you going to turn down Inter Milan for Hull :colonhash:. I wonder what sort of advice his dad Paul is giving him. Why don't English players want to go abroad?
Original post by Kruz
Tom Ince is a ****ing joke how are you going to turn down Inter Milan for Hull :colonhash:. I wonder what sort of advice his dad Paul is giving him. Why don't English players want to go abroad?

Lol because you see 'Inter Milan' you automatically think it's a good career move?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9105
Anybody else feel Ozil is completely lacking in confidence and perhaps desire at the moment? He's never been the hardest worker, but he looks nowhere near as sublime as he did a few years ago. Pleased he got the goal, but do you think that'll bring back his confidence? And if not, what will?
Original post by B-Stacks
Lol because you see 'Inter Milan' you automatically think it's a good career move?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yes lol...no offence to Hull. But even though Inter Milan have dropped off a little bit, I'd still pick them any day of the week. English players are too comfortable here too many English lads afraid to leave the country it's pure fear. What's the difference? The football in Italy is still the same everywhere: 11 against 11, one ball, two goals. Plus Influence from abroad is good, you can learn from other cultures. Would you turn down Inter Milan for Hull?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Well yes lol...no offence to Hull. But even though Inter Milan have dropped off a little bit, I'd still pick them any day of the week. English players are too comfortable here too many English lads afraid to leave the country it's pure fear. What's the difference? The football in Italy is still the same everywhere: 11 against 11, one ball, two goals. Plus Influence from abroad is good, you can learn from other cultures. Would you turn down Inter Milan for Hull?

Even if you're 22 years old, couldn't get in the starting XI of Crystal Palace, needs first team consistent football, know Inter Milan cannot guarantee that for you, everyone in England knows you're a great talent, but you'd still rather go to that team because it's 'Inter Milan' and abroad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stalin
Giroud, Campbell and Sanogo is fine - after all, we wouldn't want to harm Sanogo's potential.

Nooooooo. I'm not settling for that :colonhash: It's a good trio for rotation and all that but can't we just get someone who's like of even better quality?

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Hoping for a load of interesting confirmations today :smile:

Transfer window + World Cup
How lucky we are!

Lucky you :colonhash:

Original post by qwerty_mad
Please let's not wait until the end of August! I have a sneaky feeling it may just.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, checking SSN every minute for updates is just not healthy. It's all been Liverpool and Man utd so far.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nooooooo. I'm not settling for that :colonhash: It's a good trio for rotation and all that but can't we just get someone who's like of even better quality?

Lucky you :colonhash:

Hopefully, checking SSN every minute for updates is just not healthy. It's all been Liverpool and Man utd so far.

I wouldn't exactly be saying lucky you for Lallana....

Posted from TSR Mobile
New good striker to rotate with Giroud. Give Campbell and Gnabry more playing time as wingers maybe.

Release Sanogo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9111
Original post by Webster2002
New good striker to rotate with Giroud. Give Campbell and Gnabry more playing time as wingers maybe.

Release Sanogo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree except, loan out sanogo to a prem team?
I don't see the point. He'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9113
Original post by Webster2002
I don't see the point. He'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People were saying that about Rambo a few years ago.

Send him on loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have faith in THE Sanogo!
I guess it doesn't matter too much. As long as he isn't near the first team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I have faith in THE Sanogo!

This
Original post by Kruz

He'll be first choice at Hull, it's unlikely that would be the case at Inter. Especially when he has to learn a new language, adjust to a new culture etc. Given that the wages being offered will be very similar, can you really blame him?

Plus, his Dad hardly had the best time at Inter...
Original post by Kruz
I wouldn't exactly be saying lucky you for Lallana....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Overrated you think?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Overrated you think?

I think he's going to completely flop next season, this has Young/Downing written all over it. Give it 2 years and he'll be farmed out to someone like Sunderland or Stoke.

Latest