The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
Don't forget Barca still owe us £10M from the Song and Cesc deals. So £22M + money owed = £32M

I thought they already paid off Cesc and do they need to pay us Songs straight up if he's staying.
Don't forget Barca still owe us £10M from the Song and Cesc deals. So £22M + money owed = £32M

That's not how it works at all
Sanchez feels very Higuain already. Has all the tell tell signs of a heartbreak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Sanchez feels very Higuain already. Has all the tell tell signs of a heartbreak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed with this
Sanchez and Remy as the strikers we buy would be splendid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
I thought they already paid off Cesc and do they need to pay us Songs straight up if he's staying.

I honestly don't know what's owed from what deal. All I know is that Barca owe Arsenal £10M. Confirmed by Geoff Arsenal

Original post by baconbutty
That's not how it works at all

I'm aware it not that simple but you can't deny it possibly plays a factor in negotiations
I honestly don't know what's owed from what deal. All I know is that Barca owe Arsenal £10M. Confirmed by Geoff Arsenal

I'm aware it not that simple but you can't deny it possibly plays a factor in negotiations

Why would it? They will continue paying back the money as initially agreed in the contract
Why would it? They will continue paying back the money as initially agreed in the contract

In a random scenario Arsenal would forgo payment of the money owed in exchanged for a lower transfer fee. It's just a possibility tbf
Reply 9188

Actually, it can be restructured like he's suggesting. It's been done previously before re:theo deal for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Actually, it can be restructured like he's suggesting. It's been done previously before re:theo deal for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can be done why would Barcelona want to do it? Would make no sense for them to
Reply 9190
It can be done why would Barcelona want to do it? Would make no sense for them to

It does make sense for them to do it but anyways it's not like they don't have a history of doing stupid stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
It does make sense for them to do it but anyways it's not like they don't have a history of doing stupid stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would it make sense for them to? What would be their motivation not to recieve a larger fee and pay the outstanding fees back over a longer time period
0% hope of the deal happening..

Only way it seems likely is if suarez goes to barca.. but would liverpool let suarez go, without getting sanchez going back in other dirrection? let alone going to a dirrect rival?

Cant see it.

If it does though, liverpool fans should be pissed.
Reports of Sanchez seem to good to be true, will inevitably lead to heartbreak. So I won't be getting my hopes up.
Reply 9194
Why would it make sense for them to? What would be their motivation not to recieve a larger fee and pay the outstanding fees back over a longer time period

Because they won't receive the larger fee in one go- it'll also be spread out over time. So surely it makes sense to write off 10m that'll need to come our way from whatever deal is agreed. That way they can rest in knowing they don't owe us anything.

How's that not obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Because they won't receive the larger fee in one go- it'll also be spread out over time. So surely it makes sense to write off 10m that'll need to come our way from whatever deal is agreed. That way they can rest in knowing they don't owe us anything.

How's that not obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. We have no idea how the deal will be negotiated
2. We have no idea how the payments that we should be receiving are triggered/what criteria needs to be met

That's how it's not obvious. There's nothing to suggest it would be beneficial for them to write the 10m off
Reply 9196
1. We have no idea how the deal will be negotiated
2. We have no idea how the payments that we should be receiving are triggered/what criteria needs to be met

That's how it's not obvious. There's nothing to suggest it would be beneficial for them to write the 10m off

:lol:

Why did you bother quoting if you're going to throw semantics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh our transfer business is shaping up to be a shambles of the most epic proportions.
Original post by 419
:lol:

Why did you bother quoting if you're going to throw semantics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I'm 99% sure it'll make absolutely no difference to the Sanchez negotiations which was my original point I've got a funny feeling barca will take a larger fee :-)
françois pinetVerified account ‏@francoispinet

Plusieurs sources confirment que #Sanchez et Arsenal sont d'accord. Reste à convaincre le Barça. Une première offre à été transmise.#Arsenal

He reliable?

Latest