The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Alright. Who else do you think we should be going for right now?

I expect a response like Vidal, Pogba, James Rodriguez, Yaya Toure

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I am not fine with two J. Rodriguez in the Premier League.
Original post by baconbutty
What bait? It's a reasonable point

No, it wasn't. Showing yourself to be a troll tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else finding it hard to get excited about Sanchez? Why aren't we competing for the most sought after top talent. Instead we always seem to be after the bargain players like cazorla and the cast offs like ozil and Sanchez who just haven't cut the mustard

Lol mate you're on your own. If Wenger doesn't sign Sanchez I can guarantee you'll be one of the first people complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else finding it hard to get excited about Sanchez? Why aren't we competing for the most sought after top talent. Instead we always seem to be after the bargain players like cazorla and the cast offs like ozil and Sanchez who just haven't cut the mustard

I actually agree with baconbutty this time. I've found a comparison that proves it.

Oh wait baconbutty is totally wrong. No surprise there then

And yet you were creaming about Chelsea signing Fabregas, a cast off who was wanted by absolutely nobody else but Sanchez is wanted by Juventus/Liverpool as well?

And some people say you're actually a proper poster....:rolleyes:
It's a shame that dross like Piers Morgan and baconbutty are Arsenal fans.
Reply 9507
This dude us posting with impunity and a guy like sug can't post lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
And yet you were creaming about Chelsea signing Fabregas, a cast off who was wanted by absolutely nobody else but Sanchez is wanted by Juventus/Liverpool as well?

...when you and I get labelled as some rose tinted glasses wearing fanatics is it any surprise when we're looked at in comparison to this guy, whom is the polar opposite. The fact that he's a chelsea fan is so transparent it's embarrassing.
Original post by sevchenko
I actually agree with baconbutty this time. I've found a comparison that proves it.

That was bloody hilarious.

Nice star post by the way; at least you're contributing to the relevant point and backing it up with stats.

Sanchez would be a great signing for you.
I don't want you to get him, but I also don't see him not being in the premier league next season unless Juventus sell Vidal.
Original post by Pete_91
...when you and I get labelled as some rose tinted glasses wearing fanatics is it any surprise when we're looked at in comparison to this guy, whom is the polar opposite. The fact that he's a chelsea fan is so transparent it's embarrassing.

I don't even get that.

Of all the arsenal fans, pete and Zurich are two that I like the best.
Admittedly some fans are fanatics, but I can say the same for some of us Liverpool supporters too.

As I said before, butty is knowledgeable but he doesn't portray the image of a real fan of arsenal.
Original post by Ggmu!
This dude us posting with impunity and a guy like sug can't post lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even a big Fan of SUG I'd rather him back than Butty.

His position is probably based on Sanchez as a whole at Barca not just this season. This was his best ever season, but tbh at 25 it could just be because he's getting better. Can't see how you could turn him down tbh, everything considered.
Original post by Fizzel
His position is probably based on Sanchez as a whole at Barca not just this season. This was his best ever season, but tbh at 25 it could just be because he's getting better. Can't see how you could turn him down tbh, everything considered.

Then how about Ozil, who he described as not cutting the mustard? He came to Arsenal with the most assists of any player across Europe. He shined at Madrid but they only sold him to pave way for Bale.

Let's not forget at Barca it's quite easy to be overshadowed because they have a man who goes by the name of Lionel Messi. Even Neymar, on everyone's lips at this WC from the outset, could only lace his boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Sanchez has been good this season but he was widely known as a flop for his first two seasons.

Sanchez in the 12/13 season got his first league goal in february ffs.

Original post by Zürich

Sanchez has had a good season with Barca after two atrocious seasons, particularly the 12/13 season, he got his first league goal in February. BaconButty has got a point here again.

However I feel that he needs more of the creative role to get the best out of him, so I think Ozil again will be a problem for Sanchez, you'll probably end up getting a system that gets the best out of Ozil and not Sanchez presuming you bought him. Sanchez is known to perform best as a creative spark down the middle, he's not really a striker so won't play up top, more a creative forward than a striker. Although that seems exactly like the kind of player Wenger would buy and play in the wrong position(Arshavin e.g.), Sanchez has a good work rate so I don't see Arshavin MkII happening.
Original post by Fizzel

Original post by qwerty_mad
Then how about Ozil, who he described as not cutting the mustard? He came to Arsenal with the most assists of any player across Europe. He shined at Madrid but they only sold him to pave way for Bale.

Let's not forget at Barca it's quite easy to be overshadowed because they have a man who goes by the name of Lionel Messi. Even Neymar, on everyone's lips at this WC from the outset, could only lace his boots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ozil like I've said for the past season is reliant on Ronaldo's and Di Maria's runs behind the defence. Without them you wouldn't have seen the best of Ozil. Klose likes to make good runs, Podolski does it too at times and so does Muller, which is why he performs well for Germany. I do think he's suited for counter attacking football as well and uses space, he likes to drift into areas where he'll find space and then play players into space with good through balls.

Neymar at Barca is a special case, he plays in a different continent, playing a different style of play, different tempo, stronger defences. He's still acclimatising to Spain which explains the disparity in his international performances to his club performances.
Original post by jam278

Sanchez has had a good season with Barca after two atrocious seasons, particularly the 12/13 season, he got his first league goal in February. BaconButty has got a point here again.

However I feel that he needs more of the creative role to get the best out of him, so I think Ozil again will be a problem for Sanchez, you'll probably end up getting a system that gets the best out of Ozil and not Sanchez presuming you bought him. Sanchez is known to perform best as a creative spark down the middle, he's not really a striker so won't play up top, more a creative forward than a striker. Although that seems exactly like the kind of player Wenger would buy and play in the wrong position(Arshavin e.g.), Sanchez has a good work rate so I don't see Arshavin MkII happening.

He really doesnt.

His 'argument' was literally nothing more than that Sanchez is a poor signing because he's a 'cast off'. How did he react to Chelsea signing Fabregas though? ''What an unbelievable signing that is''. You've actually made a good point about the potential issues with Sanchez, he did absolutely nothing but throw up the laziest argument imaginable to attack the signing and this is the nature of 99% of his posts on here.

His posts are worthless and I'm baffled why people pretend he ever says anything worthwhile.

---

Havent watched Suarez nearly enough to talk too much about his time at Barca but he looks comfortable out wide, obviously has great stamina and pace, makes very convincing direct runs into the box and knows how to finish. For me that's a player who can work wit Ozil quite well.

Would be interested to see him up front at some stage, Wenger has tried stranger things.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91

Is he really a Chelsea fan?

He would comment on Chelsea's affairs much more than he usually does. Plus anyway he said that he likes City because they play the best football even though he's a fan of Arsenal.

If that is being a transparent Chelsea fan then I think your eyes needs checking.
Reply 9518
Sanchez would be a class signing for the Arse. Don't need much of a brain to realise that.
Original post by Zürich
He really doesnt.

His 'argument' was that Sanchez is a poor signing because he's a 'cast off'. How did he react to Chelsea signing Fabregas though? ''What an unbelievable signing that is''. You've actually made a good point about the potential issues with Sanchez, he did absolutely nothing but throw up the laziest argument imaginable to attack the signing and this is the nature of 99% of his posts on here.

His posts are worthless and I'm baffled why people pretend he ever says anything worthwhile.

Fabregas wasn't necessarily a cast off.

Fabregas forced the move and Barca started getting pissy and sour like the pseudohumble ***** they are. Plus anyway Fabregas delivered more in his 3 years than Sanchez did, who has had one good season and that's it.

Latest