The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
The media is pro-big clubs

There is something about Arsenal that rubs people up the wrong way. Traditionally the only Southern club that mattered and Northerners dont like London...especially since Arsenal themselves are quite pretentious and arrogant.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
You agree with me though? The establishment bias in Sky (Liverpool) and BBC (United) was clear to see last season. Not saying the media love Chelsea (they love Jose though) but they ****ing hate us. Ozil wasn't getting any criticism until he came here, if he'd have joined any other club than Arsenal he'd be getting no criticism.

There is an anti arsenal agenda. It is no longer fan paranoia because it exists.

Adrian Durham is obsessed with us and him Daily Arsenal segment is tired and old. Yet he still persists with it despite saying he would get rid of it if we won a trophy.

Years ago when Fergie stopped talking to the BBC, they were ruined. The BBC have been up United arse ever since then.

Sky are okay, but big nose Thompson is just awful. The accent, the blinkers he has on, the delusion. As much as a love laughing at Merse, I'd much rather they had a Gooner who wasn't a recovered alcoholic.

People were and still are waiting for Ozil to flop. Was our first big signing in donkeys and EVERYONE wanted it to go wrong. The obsession is quite funny at times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
There is an anti arsenal agenda. It is no longer fan paranoia because it exists.

Adrian Durham is obsessed with us and him Daily Arsenal segment is tired and old. Yet he still persists with it despite saying he would get rid of it if we won a trophy.

Years ago when Fergie stopped talking to the BBC, they were ruined. The BBC have been up United arse ever since then.

Sky are okay, but big nose Thompson is just awful. The accent, the blinkers he has on, the delusion. As much as a love laughing at Merse, I'd much rather they had a Gooner who wasn't a recovered alcoholic.

People were and still are waiting for Ozil to flop. Was our first big signing in donkeys and EVERYONE wanted it to go wrong. The obsession is quite funny at times!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What really surprised me was the Guardian's Football Weekly, which is generally very fair and balanced on all clubs, on their FA Cup final podcast immediately came out with the ''only the FA Cup'' stuff and mocked our trophy parade, which I was very disappointed in. Even they were set off by the sight of Arsenal doing well, it sets off some kind of madness in the brain with the British media...
(edited 9 years ago)
The only thing that motivates the British press is money. Negative Arsenal healines sell papers
Original post by Zürich
There is something about Arsenal that rubs people up the wrong way. Traditionally the only Southern club that mattered and Northerners dont like London...especially since Arsenal themselves are quite pretentious and arrogant.

Original post by Zürich
What really surprised me was the Guardian's Football Weekly, which is generally very fair and balanced on all clubs, on their FA Cup final podcast immediately came out with the ''only the FA Cup'' stuff and mocked our trophy parade, which I was very disappointed in. Even they were set off by the sight of Arsenal doing well, it sets off some kind of madness in the brain with the British media...

People like records, and want to see them broken and getting bigger. So they were annoyed when you ended your trophyless streak.
Anyway, Wenger said on TV tonight that we've signed Alexis Sanchez. Fee reported to be £27m with £3m in add ons by most.

Wonderful signing and fantastic value for money in this market imo
Reply 9846
Original post by sevchenko
The only thing that motivates the British press is money. Negative Arsenal healines sell papers

It's easy to say this but seriously, why not target other big clubs as well? You'd have to search really hard to find anything negative about other teams players. Why isn't a similar article out targeting Oscar for example? There's definitely a massive anti-arsenal agenda that's rife throughout this country and isn't limited to the media.

The Mirror released an article earlier this week already proclaiming our summer transfer dealing a failure AFTER it started to become clear that Alexis and Debuchy were on their way. Just waiting for articles saying that those players aren't up the scratch when they sign now.
Reply 9847
Richard keys tried to bait Alexis transfer out of Arsene but he wouldn't take it

https://vine.co/v/MPHAAw7Orm6
Original post by C.Almasy
Have to say, Ozil is ****. He should not be starting. Sick of defending him. He looks like a lost boy.

He was good today. He's playing on the left hand side, hardly has any support from Howedes at left back. He was still involved in the build up for every goal in the first half. Stop being such a fickle idiot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Anyway, Wenger said on TV tonight that we've signed Alexis Sanchez. Fee reported to be £27m with £3m in add ons by most.

He did? Where?

And now Mertesacker is responsible for the goal conceded according to the Mail...
Original post by Pete_91
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2685192/Mesut-Ozil-barely-registers-important-kick-Germany-destroy-hosts-Brazil-7-1-World-Cup-semi-final.html

Right I've ****ing had it, what exactly has Ozil done that has resulted in some media witch hunt against him this past year?

Lol they scrambled to change that headline after @ChrisDHWaugh got a bunch of stick! Like I said, Arsenal fans own the internet!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Martin Samuel as well? Supposedly the Mail's only decent writer...
Original post by Zürich

And now Mertesacker is responsible for the goal conceded according to the Mail...

Wait hold on...

Did they just use the term 'auschwitzed'? Are you ****ing serious?
Original post by Pete_91
Wait hold on...

Probably not, even by DM standards. Can't find that particular article online.
Original post by Pete_91
Wait hold on...

It's not real ffs
Original post by Zürich

Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...
Reply 9857
Original post by little_tom
Probably not, even by DM standards. Can't find that particular article online.

they do have roots of been sympathethic towards the nazi so you never know
(edited 9 years ago)
Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...

Many different sources

I follow several accounts with give updates on Wenger's commentary and he said “Alexis Sánchez transfer is almost done. We expect to complete the signing on Wednesday.”

Stan Collymore also said he talked to AW:

Every single ITK account saying much the same and the Spanish media are treating it the same. It is done, and I think £27m is absolutely unbelievable in a market where 2nd division strikers go for £11m and Fellaini is worth the same.
(edited 9 years ago)

Talksport is the source. They're a useless station but they don't mess around with direct speech

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-sanchezs-arsenal-switch-almost-done-reveals-wenger-140708100658

Latest