The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
No it wouldn't we would still be short. We need a CB if Vermaelen leaves, a back up GK, and another striker who is TOP quality striker because having just Giroud, Drmic & Sanogo is not going to win the league or CL.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Giroud was sold this summer meaning we would need 3 strikers. By all accounts Arsene is fed up with him due to the extramarital affair (listen to Footballistically Arsenal for more on that)

To expect 6 players in one window is ridiculous, especially when you're talking Arsenal and especially when you're talking an Arsenal with Arsene Wenger still manager. You know it's never going to happen so the 4 I mentioned is a lot better than what we'll probably end up with.
Drmic is joint 2nd top goal scorer in the bundesliga. We don't need a " World class " striker just one better than Giroud. Without Walcott and Ramsey playing more of next season goals will be coming from all directions, not just from our striker.
(edited 9 years ago)
I stopped listening when I heard that clown Tim Payton on the pod.
This comment i saw on Goal.com killed me!!!!

Every year same story......lol

Arsenal to have xx million transfer warchest
Gunners to splash xx million in summer
Arsene to loosen purses strings

1 week before window:
Arsenal join race for xx players signature with Juve,City,Bayern,Madrid etc

As they enter the window:
Wenger promises to spend 'if the prices are right'
Wenger: Only world class players if available will be signed.
Board grants a grand total of 40 mill

Last 2 weeks of transfers:
Arsenal sign M'bobo Timbuktoo (no one has heard of) for 5 mill
GK Abiatti signed from Milaon for 2 million

Final day:
Wenger announces 'big' signings striker Max Kruse for 25 million and CB Reinartz for 8 mill
Kolo Toure and Henry to also return at Emirates in the winter window.

Arsenal fans be like :Treble is ours!
Season ends.Arsenal win Carling Cup( or not :wink: )

Wenger: Injuries and FFP have failed us again
Original post by TheEssence

Chances are this is more likely to happen
Original post by TheEssence

M'bobo Timbuktoo :lol:

Steven Caulker as back up CB anyone?
Original post by Peggles_*
No it wouldn't we would still be short. We need a CB if Vermaelen leaves, a back up GK, and another striker who is TOP quality striker because having just Giroud, Drmic & Sanogo is not going to win the league or CL.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Giroud was sold this summer meaning we would need 3 strikers. By all accounts Arsene is fed up with him due to the extramarital affair (listen to Footballistically Arsenal for more on that)

we dont need 3 top quality strikers. Giroud, Drmic and the backup brigade will be plenty for rotation for 1 role. Doubt Verm will leave as theres no speculation recently to where he'll be heading or any major interest. Backup GK can be picked up for less than 5mil easy too tbh.
Valencia/Monaco/Benfica at the Emirates Cup.

Fair play to Arsenal man, we always attract some proper teams to that tournament. Nice little money spinner it is too, probably worth £5m to the club $$$ :coma:

---

Our pre season will be a nightmare though.
-World Cup
-Tour to USA
-Emirates Cup
-Local friendlies v Barnet etc
-Charity Shield*
-CL qualifiers

I guess we can use the non-WC players for USA tour but still it's a hell of a lot of games for 1 summer
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
Why are you all trying to speculate on midfielders ? Arsenal do not need any more in midfield.

You have:

1. Ozil
2. Ramsey
3. Wilshere
4. Carzola
5. Oxolade chamberlin
6. Rosiki
7. Arteta
8. Abu Diaby
9. walcott at times

YOU NEED:

1. A WORLD CLASS STRIKER.
2. A world-class centre-back and OR world class guy infront of defence.

You don't need fabregas anymore.
1. A world class striker

In front of defence? So, like... midfield?
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
I think arsenal should sign demba ba and let go of sanogo and giroud, they should also sign shelvey because he reminds me of pires and he scored a wonder goal here's my team. Our keepers are all rubbish we should get david james for his experience

Debma Ba Walcott

Ozil Ramsey Kallstrom jonjo shelvey

Baines

Mertasakr , kosshelney , terry and gibbs

David James

Oh I see, you're a troll.
Original post by Zürich
Valencia/Monaco/Benfica at the Emirates Cup.

Fair play to Arsenal man, we always attract some proper teams to that tournament. Nice little money spinner it is too, probably worth £5m to the club $$$ :coma:

---

Our pre season will be a nightmare though.
-World Cup
-Tour to USA
-Emirates Cup
-Local friendlies v Barnet etc
-Charity Shield*
-CL qualifiers

I guess we can use the non-WC players for USA tour but still it's a hell of a lot of games for 1 summer

I think Wenger wants to keep it relatively simple. The club confirmed that the one game in the USA will be the only game played outside of Europe meaning it's a Austrian or German extended training camp.
Guy do you reckon if we got Demba Ba on loan, he would have made the big difference and given us a push to the title.
Original post by Kruz
Guy do you reckon if we got Demba Ba on loan, he would have made the big difference and given us a push to the title.

Think if we got him it would have made a noticeable difference tbh. One of the main reasons being I feel that Wenger would have gave him a run of games, something he hasn't had at Chelsea due to all three strikers being at a similar level. I think Ba is better than Giroud, not in link up play and distribution but he is faster, more aggressive and more clinical. Mourinho made a wise decision not letting him leave tbf. I can see him beasting it at a team like Atletico.
Original post by little_tom
what has he said?

Nah nothing (yet) he's just got that kind of attitude. You can just tell.
We should try and flog Arteta back to Everton for £5m. Use that money towards Bender. If we don't get him get Song back as a last resort. Wouldn't mind seeing Rakitic at Arsenal either, such a good DLP and would improve us on set pieces. If we flog Arteta/Diaby these are the midfielders that I'd go for tbh. Kallstrom won't be here either. In the long term I don't think Wilshere is suited to playing in the double-pivot, not disciplined enough and Ramsey's better as the B2B midfielder. So should be looking at someone to partner and push Wilshere further up the pitch.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
We should try and flog Arteta back to Everton for £5m. Use that money towards Bender. If we don't get him get Song back as a last resort. Wouldn't mind seeing Rakitic at Arsenal either, such a good DLP and would improve us on set pieces. If we flog Arteta/Diaby these are the midfielders that I'd go for tbh. Kallstrom won't be here either. In the long term I don't think Wilshere is suited to playing in the double-pivot, not disciplined enough and Ramsey's better as the B2B midfielder. So should be looking at someone to partner and push Wilshere further up the pitch.

Wilshere doesnt have a good enough final ball or offer enough of a goal threat to play an advanced role. His skill lies in opening the game up with his dribbles and making space for others and that needs to come from deep. Would prefer to push Ramsey up the pitch of the two.

Not a chance we're getting £5m for Arteta, you're looking at £2m for him at this stage and given his wages. He'd be well suited to Everton atm though, although he's probably more likely to end up at somewhere like Southampton imo if he did leave. I see him leaving next summer.

Rakitic has looked good when Ive seen him but we're well stocked for players like him, need to add some steel here man.

No point with Rakitic, he's supposed to sign a contract with Sevilla but due to Madrid interest it has stalled. So most likely he's going to Madrid. it's mad how Arteta has declined, 2011-12 he was brilliant last season he weren't too bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Wilshere doesnt have a good enough final ball or offer enough of a goal threat to play an advanced role. His skill lies in opening the game up with his dribbles and making space for others and that needs to come from deep. Would prefer to push Ramsey up the pitch of the two.

Not a chance we're getting £5m for Arteta, you're looking at £2m for him at this stage and given his wages. He'd be well suited to Everton atm though, although he's probably more likely to end up at somewhere like Southampton imo if he did leave. I see him leaving next summer.

Rakitic has looked good when Ive seen him but we're well stocked for players like him, need to add some steel here man.

Wilshere played further up earlier in his career. Wilshere/Ramsey double pivot will never work as it leaves the back four exposed, would probably work if we switched to 4-3-3 but that's not possible due to Ozil. I think Ramsey's fine where he is tbh, our main concern is getting a physical and disciplined DM next to him, someone like Bender.

Arteta's still a decent player tbf, he's lost his legs but he's still top eight level and capable of doing a job. Just need someone with a bit of pace next to him which Everton have in McCarthy. Everton need to replace Barry anyway so I can see it happening. Maybe we can give them Arteta + £10m for Coleman :wink:

Need one of Bender/Khedira/Song this summer. Should be the first priority.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
No point with Rakitic, he's supposed to sign a contract with Sevilla but due to Madrid interest it has stalled. So most likely he's going to Madrid. it's mad how Arteta has declined, 2011-12 he was brilliant last season he weren't too bad.

You talking about Atletico or Real? Real are stacked with Modric/Illara/Khedira/Alonso so can't see that happening. He'd be good at Atletico tbh. I can see him beasting it at the WC and then moving to a big team for £25m.
You talking about Atletico or Real? Real are stacked with Modric/Illara/Khedira/Alonso so can't see that happening. He'd be good at Atletico tbh. I can see him beasting it at the WC and then moving to a big team for £25m.

Real bruh, lol it's Real they can get anybody they want. Hell they can probably get Suarez if they want lol.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest