Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    M241 - Motion on PMQs, The Rt. Hon. Cryptographic MP

The House calls upon the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister to choose the day on which PMQs are answered and hold weekly sessions as per the MHoC Guidance document:

Spoiler:
    Show

1)The Prime Minister may choose the day of the week they answer Prime Minister's Questions. They should endeavour to be online as much as possible in the 24 hours after the update on that day.
    2) MPs can PM the Speaker questions to be put to the Prime Minister. These should, at least roughly, relate to government actions, policies, aims or ideals.
    3) By midnight two days before the chosen day, the Speaker should PM up to 8 questions to the Prime Minister. No more than one question should be from any single MP, except the Leader of the Opposition who may ask two. In the event of there being more than 8 questions for the Prime Minister, the Speaker should decide which 8 to send, but should aim to have questions from a range of parties and those from the Leader of the Opposition should take precedence.
    4) The Prime Minister should answer the questions by PM to the Speaker by 5pm on the chosen day, ready for the evening update, when the Speaker should post them in the House.
    5) The thread will stay open for follow-up questions to the Prime Minister until the update the next evening. All members may ask a single follow-up question, except the Leader of the Opposition who may ask two.
    6) If the Prime Minister is unavailable, the Deputy Prime Minister should stand in. If they are also unavailable the Chancellor should, if there is one. If none of these three are available Prime Minister's Questions does not happen.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Mr Speaker.

May I know what have we been doing on this?

ReputationRep:
    Aye!

ReputationRep:
    Aye. It's just a shame the proposer's party didn't implement this last term if it was that important.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I fully support this. PMQs is a good way to boost activity and keep the government to account.

ReputationRep:
    No objections! Aye
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsKid)
    Aye. It's just a shame the proposer's party didn't implement this last term if it was that important.
    Both i and Qwertish did hold PMQ's. I think it was just towards the end that it waned.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I can ask silly questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Both i and Qwertish did hold PMQ's. I think it was just towards the end that it waned.
    Yeah, not very often though.

ReputationRep:
    I like PMQs, they're much more calm online. It's a shame they've not been very regular recently - I appreciate there's perhaps not enough new legislative activity to always warrant it, but I think there's always a development in the news somewhere that's worth bringing to attention.

ReputationRep:
    As long as there's realistic exemptions for exam times. (Let's not forget - people here have lives outside TSR) It's good to get PMQs up and going again.

ReputationRep:
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    Aye. :yy:

I would also welcome a limit on 'fun' or 'silly' questions, one as a maximum for each PMQ session.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Aye. :yy:

I would also welcome a limit on 'fun' or 'silly' questions, one as a maximum for each PMQ session.
    Seconded.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.