Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How do you stop caring about things that are in your mind constantltly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its just so so frustrating letting things that annoy you be constantly in your mind and not knowing what to do to get rid of it no mater what you do it is still there.

Suppose many people go through this and like them you just have to survive.

I just don't what to do now. I tried many things and it it is still there. it's so FRUSTRATING, I have no idea what to idea what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Do something fun and distracting.

ReputationRep:
    I think about how insignificant I am in relation to the rest of the world. I'm gonna make absolutely no impact on the world, I'm just here to make up the numbers. I am not needed at all, I don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I tell myself to **** off and then distract myself with an equally annoying yet somewhat harmless thought. This happens a lot with memories of ex boyfriends and whatnot popping up, and when those memories play in my head I tell myself to **** off and then think about how much I hate my sisters, or I start thinking about everything that needs doing. The telling myself to "**** off" is my way of signalling my mind to reset/temporarily shut down before the thoughts go too far and I become anxious or enraged. It works surprisingly well.

Basically distract yourself. Cover one thought up with another. Or better yet, get into the habit of meditating - it's like a miracle cure for anxious minds.

ReputationRep:
    I just do my best to distract myself. I throw myself into something I like doing or spend time with friends. Family are good too, but they tend to question, which isn't really what you want if you're trying NOT to think about something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I fap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAS4793)
    Its just so so frustrating letting things that annoy you be constantly in your mind and not knowing what to do to get rid of it no mater what you do it is still there.

Suppose many people go through this and like them you just have to survive.

I just don't what to do now. I tried many things and it it is still there. it's so FRUSTRATING, I have no idea what to idea what to do?
    I struggle with this constantly. I have no idea what to do either. I wish I could physically take these nagging frustrating thoughts and store them elsewhere.

As Silver Arrows said, you have to remember that you're one in a huge planet, universe etc., and your actions are rather insignificant. I guess you have to keep repeating this .....

ReputationRep:
    I take a nap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    I take a nap
    I do something that rhymes with "nap"...

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Make a very consistent effort to be entirely present in the moment all the time. So that when you're working, you're thinking about the work and not something else. When you're walking, you're thinking about the feeling of the ground. When you're breathing, you're thinking about breathing.

You will get used to just being, without the sound of nagging thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    I do something that rhymes with "nap"...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know exactly what you mean :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    you clap!!! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    I know exactly what you mean :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show
    you clap!!! :laugh:
    Nope

Spoiler:
    Show
    I slap!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I just tell myself that what's in the past has happened and there's **** all you can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragonborn)
    Nope

Spoiler:
    Show
    I slap!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :eek: that's real naughty :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree definitely do something fun to take you mind of it. Also you could try meditating before you go to sleep, there's no use going to sleep with thoughts racing through your head.

ReputationRep:
    I drink.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.