Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously stuck and don't know which UK uni is best for physiotherapy... Thought of applying to Cardiff but I am unsure if they accept people taking Maths Studies... I have A* for IGCSE though! What unis are good?

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to a health professions degree I think it doesn't really matter where you study in terms of what your degree will be worth to employers. A physio degree from any of the unis which teach the subject are all as worthy as each other.

Your best bet is to research which unis suit you personally and which courses attract you the most as they all differ slightly. You get 5 choices however you may only get 1 or 2 offers due to the competitiveness of the course so choose carefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that all of the courses are so similar that I have difficulties choosing which course to apply to... Why do you think that it doesn't really matter where you study for health professions? It's not like I don't agree with you but I'm just confused ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phy123)
    I think that all of the courses are so similar that I have difficulties choosing which course to apply to... Why do you think that it doesn't really matter where you study for health professions? It's not like I don't agree with you but I'm just confused ><
    With nursing, medicine, dentisty, physio etc all courses are regulated by the NHS and are therefore all of high quality and similarly regarded by employers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above, with NHS courses all unis have to cover the same topics so are relatively similar. I have a friend doing Physio at Brunel and she's really enjoying it, social side is not so great but it has great Physio facilities and really good links to placements.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if Loughborough offer this exact course but anything to do with Sports / Sports sciences they're regarded the best in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Alright- thanks! Do you guys know anything about applying to work as a physio or do further study in the US?

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff University for Physiotherapy

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.