Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Currently I'm with a team developing a 3D game. As we progress I will post more here. Feel free to ask any questions.

We are currently undecided on a final name yet, any suggestions welcome

Sneak preview (Large image):
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Currently I'm with a team developing a 3D game. As we progress I will post more here. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Looks awesome.

I've always wondered about programming games. What aspects of the gameplay is programmed? Surely the moving bodily parts and game world isn't created from raw code, so I'm assuming it's a video? So bits do you have to program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdampskiB)
    Looks awesome.

I've always wondered about programming games. What aspects of the gameplay is programmed? Surely the moving bodily parts and game world isn't created from raw code, so I'm assuming it's a video? So bits do you have to program?
    The body parts are modelled and rigged in 3DSMax then coded into the game

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh... looks good. I've been programming small scale games recently, but I'd love to see what actually happens in AAA game development!!!

Will you be posting only what the game looks like, or is this a blog of what you are doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pictraz)
    Woahhh... looks good. I've been programming small scale games recently, but I'd love to see what actually happens in AAA game development!!!

Will you be posting only what the game looks like, or is this a blog of what you are doing?
    I'll be blogging what I'm doing as I go along and develop each feature as well as pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    I'll be blogging what I'm doing as I go along and develop each feature as well as pictures.
    Awesome!! Looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    What engine(s) are you using? Or are you doing it the old fashioned way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    What engine(s) are you using? Or are you doing it the old fashioned way?
    We're using cryengine as a base, but it is very heavily coded. All the features are custom programmed, everything is modelled by our 3D artist.

We did debate using an engine previously made by me, but decided to go with CE because of them lovely shaders just gave it that extra look.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.