The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F581 13th MAY 2014 THREAD************

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The 18 marker has always been on correcting market failure so they may have something different this year? So nervous! :K:

Also, how's F582 revision going?

Reply 2
Original post by PinkElephant16
The 18 marker has always been on correcting market failure so they may have something different this year? So nervous! :K:

Also, how's F582 revision going?

Thats true but I honesty don't see what else it could be on? Market failure has the most substance.

I think I am more confident with F582 as there is so much more to write about as opposed to F581 which is basically all centered around supply and demand. For F582 i think i need to mainly nail how to measure employment and get my head around all the different organisations and surveys.
What about you??
Original post by tomixox
Thats true but I honesty don't see what else it could be on? Market failure has the most substance.

I think I am more confident with F582 as there is so much more to write about as opposed to F581 which is basically all centered around supply and demand. For F582 i think i need to mainly nail how to measure employment and get my head around all the different organisations and surveys.
What about you??

The 18 marker might be on Tradeable Pollution Permits... hasn't come up before.

Lol I'm finding F582 more difficult especially learning all the Causes and Effects of BOP, Inflation, Unemployment, Growth

How many past papers have you done? are you planning on doing all of them?

16 DAYS LEFT!!!
anyone have evaluations points for f582?
Reply 5
my teacher is the Chief examiner for this paper.

how lucky am I :wink:
Reply 6

Lol I'm finding F582 more difficult especially learning all the Causes and Effects of BOP, Inflation, Unemployment, Growth

16 DAYS LEFT!!!

according to my teacher, the specification states the 18 marker can only be on market failure
Original post by itsn0b0dy
according to my teacher, the specification states the 18 marker can only be on market failure

Tradable pollution is part of market failure. IS THERE ANY NOTES ON F581?:afraid::afraid::afraid:
Reply 8
Stressing out big big big time. My teacher has been waaaay over generous when marking our papers so i dont really have an exact idea of where i'm at with either exam :frown: Always feel like im just making everything up to fit my argument instead of actually knowing the effects of whatever im talking about!!!

2 WEEKS TO GO! Help/advise please please help
Reply 9
guys is there any resources any of you guys can provide. If so it will be really useful for others
Here are my notes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by asiqma
guys is there any resources any of you guys can provide. If so it will be really useful for others

This would be extremely helpful!!!! I'm going in to this exam not actually understanding anything and I haven't finished the course yet because I have a useless teacher so I basically need to learn all of F581 and F582 by the end of this week..... anything would be helpful!!!!
The prediction for 18 marker
what do you think could come up, most likely
Original post by tomixox
Hi Guys,
I have attached a few resources that I think will be helpful for you guys!
First is an A grade script
Second is a presentation that covers all the types of questions that come up in a F581 exam and states exactly how to answer them in a way that WILL GET YOU THE MARKS.
Finally I have attached some photographs of an 18 mark question that got full marks. This DOES NOT belong to me, I found it off TSR (really sorry cant remember the user)
EIGHT DAYSSSSSS

thats so helpful thanks, do you have any more grade A scripts by any chance?
Reply 14

16 DAYS LEFT!!!

The exam board is never going to directly ask you about tradeable pollution permits....
Original post by tomixox
Hi Guys,
I have attached a few resources that I think will be helpful for you guys!
First is an A grade script
Second is a presentation that covers all the types of questions that come up in a F581 exam and states exactly how to answer them in a way that WILL GET YOU THE MARKS.
Finally I have attached some photographs of an 18 mark question that got full marks. This DOES NOT belong to me, I found it off TSR (really sorry cant remember the user)
EIGHT DAYSSSSSS

Hey, thank you so much for this,it's extremely helpful. Good luck to you and everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Jasonpt
The exam board is never going to directly ask you about tradeable pollution permits....

But the 18 marker may be revolved around evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of trade able permits and whether it's the best solution to solve market failure or something
Hey guys!!! I'm resitting both Economics exams and to put it simply... im screwed!!!
Yes, A2 has made it slightly more understandable but I have 7 other exams to revise for as well as these!!!!
Can anybody help on how to achieve level 4 on the essay? THANKS!!
Original post by Jasonpt

Hmmm may you tell me why you sure of this?
Because since of the A Level reform, they may want to do something tricky.
Im just so scared D:

Though it has never been on but they may want to do something different?
Original post by confused_101
Hey guys!!! I'm resitting both Economics exams and to put it simply... im screwed!!!
Yes, A2 has made it slightly more understandable but I have 7 other exams to revise for as well as these!!!!
Can anybody help on how to achieve level 4 on the essay? THANKS!!

As what I was told by my teacher, to get level 4 on the essay question, u should state the alternative method in yr essay and maybe briefly give the advantages and disadvantage to yr alternative method. :smile: hope it helps! Good luck everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest