Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have a question which worries me a lot at the moment. Last year I applied for a student loan so that I could study for bachelor's degree at the university in the UK. Yet I decided not go and informed about this only the university, while ignoring further application forms received from students finance. This year I was accepted to the university I want to go for 100 per cent, but I am afraid that because of the last year ignorance I will not get a loan again.

Maybe someone has ever encountered this situation and could share one's knowledge/experience on this?

Cheers!

Have a great day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASaphira)
    I have a question which worries me a lot at the moment. Last year I applied for a student loan so that I could study for bachelor's degree at the university in the UK. Yet I decided not go and informed about this only the university, while ignoring further application forms received from students finance. This year I was accepted to the university I want to go for 100 per cent, but I am afraid that because of the last year ignorance I will not get a loan again.

Maybe someone has ever encountered this situation and could share one's knowledge/experience on this?
    If you haven't been resident in the UK for three years before the start of your course, then the most you would have qualified for would be a Tuition Fee Loan - and that much only if you're from the EU.

In this situation, as you told the university that you would not attend, they would not have claimed a Tuition Fee from Student Finance and so no loan would have been generated.

You should be fine to apply to Student Finance again, subject to the residency (and other) eligibility criteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASaphira)
    Hi all,

Cheers!

Have a great day!
    you'll be fine to claim again but you will need to ring up student finance and cancel last years application

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all! You have been really helpful!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.