The Student Room Group

did you compete with someone in your class?

i compeated with a boy so it was boy vs girl so it was a gd battle we always fought to get the best grade we could and would brag to the other if we got the best i hope he does well as he lives very near to em and we have always been friends and in the same classes throughout school but i hope i manage to equal him or a bit less as i know hes maths grade is better then mine as mines a A and hsi is a A*. does anyone have soemone who was like this with them?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it's fair to say that his English grade will be better than yours too :indiff:
umm i used to do that in year nine in maths lessons with the lad who i had to sit next to. haha i won though he got a level 7 in the sats and i got a level 8. woo!
Reply 3
I didn't really. There were a few people in each class who I felt I could compete against, but there wasn't a single person overall. I think that I was just competing against myself actually :s-smilie:
Reply 4
why u say his english be better then me is it because im a girl
Reply 5
and anyway he is forced to continually work even if he is ill hes dad makes him do work i mean not just a cold if he is proper ill he still has to do work which is wrong. thats why he gets gd grades maninly i think but one day he will rebel i think though he is clever.
Reply 6
emu24

No, its because you dont write in sentences or use proper punctuation.
Reply 7
thats because im not trying to its quick language thats all i can if i want to quite easily so dont say that
Reply 8
emu24

Hehe no, I was just going by what you'd written above. :p:

There's someone in my school I sort-of compete with, but his whole family's full of geniuses though, so I haven't really got much hope!
Reply 9
yeah i suppose so but talking on here isnt in exam conditions so that was a bit unfair i think.
I do that in jest with my best friend in French lessons: will be close to call since we're both as good as each other :smile:
Reply 11
i only sed bout the girl thing as some people believe girls do worse but that isnt that true it depends really sorry matt
Reply 12
What.
Reply 13
sorry bout that trying to do to much at onec i meant i could do it if i want to but i dont realy need to do it on here sorry
Reply 14
Class.
yeh have plwenty of those i think it really helps u reach da top grades having competition. but i fear i became to cocky with the A*s in mocks etc and they are now going to all beat me. the 24th is going to be a day of tragedy AHHHHHH
I never really did that, although it felt good when I beat someone who everyone thought was very clever :smile:
Reply 17
emu24
thats because im not trying to its quick language thats all i can if i want to quite easily so dont say that

You cant, it's against the TSR rules, you're barely making sense.
Reply 18
kellywood_5
I never really did that, although it felt good when I beat someone who everyone thought was very clever :smile:

Absolutely
Petty competition is quite annoying, though. It's all right if it's just for fun, but there are people who compete for the best mark in ordinary class tests that no-one really studies for. Something like:'I beat you by half a mark..haha..'

Latest