Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Sales Assessment Centre (Hays) - Need advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, i'm new here, browsed around it a few times for study advice, job search advice etc.

I've been lucky enough to get through to the assessment centre stage for a graduate recruitment consultant position working at Hays. I am looking for any help i can get about what to expect, how to prepare and ultimately how to succeed through this stage. If anybody has been on such a day and has any advice that would be great!

The following is a summary of what they have stated will be done on the day, if the type of exercises look familiar to anybody then i'd love some input about particular tips or expectations.

Exercise 1: Individual sales presentation:
    You will be given a statement/quote. You will have time to prepare an argument either agreeing or disagreeing with the topic, and then to present your argument to the group. Convince your audience that your argument is credible and worth considering

Exercise 2: Selling in a candidate.
    To sell the unique points of your candidate to complement the job and ensuring you secure a positive outcome. You will be given time to assess a job description and then a CV. You should prepare notes on the job spec and any questions you may wish to ask. Some time will be allowed for questions to the client (HR). Review your candidate CV and prepare a brief summary of the key strengths and weaknesses of the candidate and match the key skills to the role. You will then present the candidates to the client.

Exercise 3: Making a business development call
    You will receive a topic / reason to contact a client in a business. You are required to role-play a business development call with the client in order to get commitment. To build rapport with the organisation and address any previous issues they have had. If there is the opportunity for a visit, to fill a job or offer any service, ensure you suggest it. We are looking for a positive outcome.

Exercise 4: Producing an advertisement (time allowing)
    To sell Hays to a job seeker audience through our Hays Values

Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    How did the assessment centre go? I've just been invited back for one and it has the same description as you've typed - looks so scary!!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kla23)
    Hi there,
    How did the assessment centre go? I've just been invited back for one and it has the same description as you've typed - looks so scary!!
    Thanks
    Hey, I also have been invited to the assessment center for Hays as a graduate recruitment consultant, is yours tomorrow at the Leeds office?

Have you prepared? It is nerve wracking stuff!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this info! I live in Leeds, hoping to get into the Manchester offices

ReputationRep:
    Smi123 could you tell me how the assesment center in recruitment department looks like?

ReputationRep:
    Smi123 could you tell me how the assesment center in recruitment department looks like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Could you tell me about the first stage? Is the statement or quote very general or is it something to do with current issues or HAYs ect? My assessment center is tomorrow so any help would really be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have successfully passed my phone interview and now have been invited to an assessment centre with Hay's. I was just wondering could you give me some tips on what I can do in order to get the job. Also could you give me an example of the quote which we have to debate on. I just want to practise and make sure I am relaxed when I attend the Assessment day.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.