Sales Assessment Centre (Hays) - Need advice

Watch
TKRowley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello all, i'm new here, browsed around it a few times for study advice, job search advice etc.

I've been lucky enough to get through to the assessment centre stage for a graduate recruitment consultant position working at Hays. I am looking for any help i can get about what to expect, how to prepare and ultimately how to succeed through this stage. If anybody has been on such a day and has any advice that would be great!

The following is a summary of what they have stated will be done on the day, if the type of exercises look familiar to anybody then i'd love some input about particular tips or expectations.

Exercise 1: Individual sales presentation:
You will be given a statement/quote. You will have time to prepare an argument either agreeing or disagreeing with the topic, and then to present your argument to the group. Convince your audience that your argument is credible and worth considering

Exercise 2: Selling in a candidate.
To sell the unique points of your candidate to complement the job and ensuring you secure a positive outcome. You will be given time to assess a job description and then a CV. You should prepare notes on the job spec and any questions you may wish to ask. Some time will be allowed for questions to the client (HR). Review your candidate CV and prepare a brief summary of the key strengths and weaknesses of the candidate and match the key skills to the role. You will then present the candidates to the client.

Exercise 3: Making a business development call
You will receive a topic / reason to contact a client in a business. You are required to role-play a business development call with the client in order to get commitment. To build rapport with the organisation and address any previous issues they have had. If there is the opportunity for a visit, to fill a job or offer any service, ensure you suggest it. We are looking for a positive outcome.

Exercise 4: Producing an advertisement (time allowing)
To sell Hays to a job seeker audience through our Hays Values

Thank you in advance for any thoughts!
kla23
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,
How did the assessment centre go? I've just been invited back for one and it has the same description as you've typed - looks so scary!!
Thanks
smi123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kla23)
Hi there,
How did the assessment centre go? I've just been invited back for one and it has the same description as you've typed - looks so scary!!
Thanks
Hey, I also have been invited to the assessment center for Hays as a graduate recruitment consultant, is yours tomorrow at the Leeds office?

Have you prepared? It is nerve wracking stuff!!

missjessd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for this info! I live in Leeds, hoping to get into the Manchester offices
pinkchampagne09
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Smi123 could you tell me how the assesment center in recruitment department looks like?
pinkchampagne09
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Smi123 could you tell me how the assesment center in recruitment department looks like?
sam986
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Could you tell me about the first stage? Is the statement or quote very general or is it something to do with current issues or HAYs ect? My assessment center is tomorrow so any help would really be appreciated
gillk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I have successfully passed my phone interview and now have been invited to an assessment centre with Hay's. I was just wondering could you give me some tips on what I can do in order to get the job. Also could you give me an example of the quote which we have to debate on. I just want to practise and make sure I am relaxed when I attend the Assessment day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads