Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

how to stop your stomach from making those sounds Watch

im closing in to my exams, and really don't want my stomach to rumble like it does now. i mean, maybe an hour after i eat something it starts to go crazy! this is especially distracting during my tests, and it is so embarrassing! i am expected to get 200/200 in my Maths, however i find that whenever my stomach rumble in a maths exam it cripples my grade to about 140/200, i cant afford to lose 60 marks (2 grades!) because of my stomach!

please help me out here, how can i stop my stomach rumbling? (i can feel the gases moving around in my stomach when it rumbles, and i severely doubt that it is hunger.)

thanks!
    preferably something that doesnt involve medicines
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried just simply drinking more water?

ReputationRep:
    60 marks because of a stomach rumble? Are you sure? Perhaps your predictions are far exceeding the reality of your grade? No offense. But seriously, losing 60 marks simply because of a stomach rumble doesn't sound very believable.

Drink more water. It helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im closing in to my exams, and really don't want my stomach to rumble like it does now. i mean, maybe an hour after i eat something it starts to go crazy! this is especially distracting during my tests, and it is so embarrassing! i am expected to get 200/200 in my Maths, however i find that whenever my stomach rumble in a maths exam it cripples my grade to about 140/200, i cant afford to lose 60 marks (2 grades!) because of my stomach!

please help me out here, how can i stop my stomach rumbling? (i can feel the gases moving around in my stomach when it rumbles, and i severely doubt that it is hunger.)

thanks!
    preferably something that doesnt involve medicines
    You cannot possible drop so many marks because your stomach grumbles, unless it causes a lot of pain?

I would suggest going to see a GP and eating meals at certain times together your body used to an organised regime. Also drink a lot of water.

its 60 marks because its not just one rumble. its repeated maybe once per 5 minutes for the long 2 hour test. not to mention it lasts for maybe 15 seconds or so. lately i seem to have it under some cotnrol but water seems to worsen it?

so any tips to stop it?

ReputationRep:
    Eat something filling beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    You could try antacid tablets before you go in? That might help

thanks to all of you .
    know anything that is filling that i could carry around with me that's also relatively small?, i sometimes have 4 exams per day!

???

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this will still be useful but this used to happen to me as well. Drink about 1/2 pint of milk after eating your breakfast and I don't know how, but it settles over your stomach and masks the noise. It's making so much noise because you're probably a loud digester, don't worry about it though, people will be too busy concentrating on their own exam to worry about your stomach. Ignore it. Another tip though not as effective as the milk is to push your stomach other as this can mask the noise, don't tense it as it makes it louder. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing used to happen to me. I make sure to have a decent breakfast before the exam and take something to eat before I go in. I also make sure to take in a bottle of water in case my stomach chose to ****ing growl. I don't know if it's got anything to do with nerves but it used to put me off a lot too. I'd anticipate the next sound lol and lose focus.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure that it is nerves. Eat a good meal before hand and take something in with you to eat, or use hard candies and water to help keep your grumbles and rumbles at bay.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.