The Student Room Group

History GCSE??

On my exam board, you can answer 2 out of 3 questions per area for history GCSE. There are 2 areas, so I was only going to revise the first two in each section and only read over the third section. This means I only have to learn 4/6 topics, which would be good because I don't have a lot of time to revise. It also means I can concentrate more time on getting good marks in the 4 areas I do answer on instead of OK marks in any of the areas? is this a really bad idea or has anyone tried this in their exam and got aquestion they couldn't answer on the two areas they did revise??
Reply 1
Original post by emr:D
On my exam board, you can answer 2 out of 3 questions per area for history GCSE. There are 2 areas, so I was only going to revise the first two in each section and only read over the third section. This means I only have to learn 4/6 topics, which would be good because I don't have a lot of time to revise. It also means I can concentrate more time on getting good marks in the 4 areas I do answer on instead of OK marks in any of the areas? is this a really bad idea or has anyone tried this in their exam and got aquestion they couldn't answer on the two areas they did revise??

What exam board is this?
Reply 2
That is really risky, I know people who have done it & found themselves pretty screwed in the exam because an evil question came up & they had no back up, however I know people who have done it & it paid off so it's up to you how much of a risk you want to take
Reply 3
This is a risky idea. You should work out which areas you need to go through and focus on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest