The Student Room Group

What goes through your head before an exam?

Scroll to see replies

I used to panic like made when I was in the same room as everyone else purely because everyone else panicked but now I go on my own I just tell myself that I've done ok in mocks, I've revised hard and I know my stuff just read the questions and take my time ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. I start to have a mental breakdown
2. I listen to my heart beating insanely fast
3. Feel nauseous
4. Worry about the future, and how no good uni, will offer me a place
5. Run through everything related to the exam, and if I forget, I pull out my bundle of notes and flick through them, like a freak
6. I pray, and explain to God, how much of a good person I think I am... And how I'd be grateful if I could pass with good marks.:colondollar:
Many words that TSR's swear filter would automatically block out
Reply 43
I hope I'm not involved in those invigilator battleships game.
Which means no invigilator standing next to me.
Reply 44
I always feel relaxed. It's just an exam.
I listen to Lux Aeterna from Reqiuem for a Dream on repeat.

There's very little emotion involved for me. If I feel annoyed at the end then I know I've failed because I haven't revised enough. If I feel happy at the end then I know I've probably failed because it wasn't meant to be so easy. Mostly I'm just relieved it's over and I can get on with my actual life.
I saw Majmuh put a song,
This is the one I usually sing in my head as I head to school on exam day

[video="youtube;GD1dusdGFco"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD1dusdGFco[/video]

the lyrics are PERFECT,
"I'm gonna be the very best, all I got to do IS BELIEVE IN ME"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
I saw Majmuh put a song,
This is the one I usually sing in my head as I head to school on exam day

[video="youtube;GD1dusdGFco"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD1dusdGFco[/video]

M8 Johto Journeys theme is where it's at :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24
M8 Johto Journeys theme is where it's at :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's pretty damn good,
but this is the one for exams for me

EDIT:
THIS WAS MY 500th post,
I think that's a pretty cool milestone, even if it's not many, a milestone nonetheless
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 49
Regret, panicking about panicking, the will-power to suppress tears, what is everyone else writing etc. I get seriously bad anxiety before exams and it has affected my performance in recent examinations :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by cole-slaw
Fold up a bit of paper and stick it under the wobbly leg.

What paper? You're not allowed to bring anything into the exam room apart from pens and water.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheMoho
Prayers

I say a prayer and then i think about all the time i wasted not revising :tongue:
Original post by corax
What paper? You're not allowed to bring anything into the exam room apart from pens and water.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use the exam paper
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you tell the invigilators and they have stuff they can put under the table to stop it wobbling, that's what happened when we had mocks earlier this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"I wanna ****in kill the bastard who invented Exams"
If I have revised well in advance or just feel confident I know ill do well then Im just relaxed and calm, have a laugh with mates. If ive crammed the night/days before then Ill be constantly going over answers in my head and worry that ive forget one or get them muddled up :smile:

Lesson to be learnt here :closedeyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
I just say i've done all the revision so there's nothing more i can do, but just do the exam. Also I keep saying you'll be fine!
Reply 57
Original post by L'Evil Fish
'Lol at everyone stressing.'

Although anecdotal, I often find that those who have a valid reason to brag and boast are usually the ones who do not brag and boast.
AHHHHHHHHH oh god no I need to pee again AHHHHHHHHH
Something along the lines of:

This will be fine.
I probably should have revised more but skipping out to watch *insert film name* was definitely worth it.
Plus all those other films I managed to watch.
It's actually impressive how long my marathon was tbh.
Hmm. Should I eat my lunch now or after? Because I'll probably just sit there being hungry if I dont.
Why is *insert classmate name* freaking out? *She/He* is waaay cleverer than me.
...should I be freaking out too?
Oooooh! Cute student teacher :wink:
Should I go in with my calculator in rad or degrees... I don't want to screw up again :/
Why is everyone else getting out their revision notes? I should probably have a look over my friend's.
Dammnit, I didn't realise I had to revise that.
Dammnit, I didn't realise I had to memorise that either.
Meh, no point in worrying now, I won't be able to remember anything anyway.
...or should I try cheating this time?
I could probably get away with it seeing as the guy who sits in usually dozes off anyway...
Nope. I'd feel way too guilty.
...buuuuut maybe...
Nope.
Not happening.
How many exams have I got after this?
How long is this exam?
What am I allowed to take in?
Do I need my pencil-case?
Or should I just be the annoying person who keeps asking for stationary?
Ooooh we're going in!
I'm definitely screwed.
Is my phone off?
Why on earth did I waste time watching all those films.
They could have waited.
HELL YEAH. I'm diagonal to the cute new guy.
I should have brought my glasses though, I can't see the clock. Eugh.
****, do I have a middle name?!

Quick Reply

Latest