Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you take advantage of nice people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The nicer and more supportive I am of my friend the more she expects and the angrier she seems to get if I don't help out. Whereas her other friends do nothing for her and yet when they do one rare nice thing she sings their praises. Why? Have you experienced this before?

That's just human nature, I'm afraid.
    All for one and one for oneself.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. I try to be considerate of others.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do. Because the nice guy is more likely to say yes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't take advantage of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightcitylights)
    The nicer and more supportive I am of my friend the more she expects and the angrier she seems to get if I don't help out. Whereas her other friends do nothing for her and yet when they do one rare nice thing she sings their praises. Why? Have you experienced this before?
    I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been really good friends with this girl since secondary school and we're now into our 20's. I was with her through a lot of tough times over the last 2 years - now she hardly speaks to me, totally hasn't said anything since August of last year. Out of the blue she calls up the other day asking how I am and she'd like to talk now. I mean wtf?! I'm not a switch you can turn on and off. People who take advantage of others just gets me super annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightcitylights)

Your friend is a user and you need to tell her how you feel ASAP.

I used to be nice in primary and even secondary school but then I realised that the world is a cruel place where being jaded translates into being successful.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.