The Student Room Group

Student Finance for Open Uni ADVICE PLEASE!!

Hi, I am going to be starting the Open University in September.October 2014, and I know that I am able to get a student finance loan from the government, I tried to apply and they said I wasn't able to? I'm wondering if thats because I put down full-time when its a part-time course? I am planning on doing it full-time so I'm abit confused on what I am supposed to do? Looking for advice on what to try next..

I am going to be 19 when I start the course if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by courtney-mason
Hi, I am going to be starting the Open University in September.October 2014, and I know that I am able to get a student finance loan from the government, I tried to apply and they said I wasn't able to? I'm wondering if thats because I put down full-time when its a part-time course? I am planning on doing it full-time so I'm abit confused on what I am supposed to do? Looking for advice on what to try next..

I am going to be 19 when I start the course if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

yes Open Uni is part time, you have to apply on paper and part time applications don't open until the summer. You can only get a tuition fee loan and not a maintenance loan or grant as the OU is designed so you can work alongside the degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending