Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why drink alcohol if you don't plan on getting drunk? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is there something else booze gives you? Because I met someone who wanted just one glass of booze and when asked why, he said he didn't know why and it was just something he'd always done so he didn't get drunk. So I asked why he'd bother with booze in the first place seeing as it was more expensive and he was speechless.
    Any inputs? Does alcohol do something else for you or do you just drink to get drunk?

ReputationRep:
    Why eat fast food if you don't plan on getting fat? People like the taste of fast food and only eat a little bit so they don't put on weight....people like the taste of alcohol and only drink a bit so they don't get drunk. I myself drink alcohol but I don't like being drunk so I only have one or two drinks

ReputationRep:
    I like the taste of some alcoholic beverages.

It's also nice to have a little alcohol sometimes; one or two drinks offers some effects of alcohol without making you drunk. I prefer being in that little zone between fully sober and approaching drunkenness.

ReputationRep:
    It can be relaxing to have a couple of drinks. Also some people enjoy the taste but dont like/want to get drunk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're drinking the wrong alcohol if you have to ask that, and it seems to be mainly just the younger generation that drink alcohol with the sole intention of getting wasted, whereas older people actually enjoy a beer, or wine for its taste and I usually drink alcohol because I enjoy the taste and find it refreshing. And you don't have to get drunk for alcohol to have an effect, usually a drink or 2 will relax me and if in a social situation make me feel more comfortable speaking to others.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what else is there to have?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they like the taste and the ability to make premeditated decisions...

ReputationRep:
    I just have it more as like a drink when I'm going out to dinner or whatever. You don't have to get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time I drink I don't get drunk. A pint is a nice thing to drink, and going to the pub for a pint is a nice thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    The taste - Especially with dinner, wine goes really well with food. Also being tipsy is far better in my opinion than being drunk, a couple of glasses of wine will make me more sociable and give me a nice buzz but I won't be crying in the streets and vomiting into my handbag.

ReputationRep:
    as others have said plenty of alcohol tastes nice, I do also enjoy getting a tiny bit tipsy/merry but I don't like to get drunk

ReputationRep:
    1. Relaxation
    2. Taste

Personally I don't see the attraction of losing control of yourself, throwing up and waking up with a thumping headache. This thread is indicative of why British tourists are not thought of favourably on the continent.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.