Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

History edexcel help answering the questions Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you actually get marks from the questions? I mean the top marks for each question. I've got to do the protest paper, life in Germany and crime and punishment in May/June and I'm struggling on how to answer the question, on the other hand I've got a decent knowledge on the History side of things however I have no idea in answering the questions. Would anyone with the same exam board and doing the same papers enlighten my needs and please help me on answering the questions? It would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm just going to move this into the History forum for you.

Could you explain a little more about what you struggle with when answering?

ReputationRep:
    Question 1 I know how to answer, so the inferring questions. But, I don't know how to get the marks on the other questions, I don't know what you need to show for eg; importance,portrayal, cross-reference, judgement. I have no clue on what technique you need to use for each question to get the high marks for each question. If you could help me I would be very pleased and thankful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo98)
    How do you actually get marks from the questions? I mean the top marks for each question. I've got to do the protest paper, life in Germany and crime and punishment in May/June and I'm struggling on how to answer the question, on the other hand I've got a decent knowledge on the History side of things however I have no idea in answering the questions. Would anyone with the same exam board and doing the same papers enlighten my needs and please help me on answering the questions? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi what exam board are you using ? If you could tell me i might be able to help as i do history for GCSE too.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo98)
    It is all about essay structure and the use of phrases such as 'conversely' or 'a stronger case maybe be….' to show that you are evaluating both sides of the argument at hand.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo98)
    Edexcel.
    My exam board is Edexcel too... so you would need your own knwledge to answer thses questions. Remember to structure your paragraphs.

When asessing the reliability/Utility of sources you need to know the content for eaxmple if its a photograph look at the advantages or disadvanages. Analyse it and look at its origin.Always remember photographs dont always tell you the whole story so they are never reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo98)

Need some motivation:

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.