Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying for my gcses I have 14 exams all in a months time, how long should I be revising ? and how should I revsise ? Also any other tips welcome

ReputationRep:
    Anyone help me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm going to move this into the revision and study tips forum for you. There are loads of other threads there which have lots of useful information so I'd recommend checking it out! There's also a revision guide on TSR here which is probably a good place to start. This is also a really useful article: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...d-take-control

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakesmith2)
    I am currently studying for my gcses I have 14 exams all in a months time, how long should I be revising ? and how should I revsise ? Also any other tips welcome

I think you should be revising 1hr for each subject a day effectively and efficiently. For maths, english and science past papers and online titurials will do. of course everyone is different so revisie in a way that suits you.Good luck in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to add revision guides aswell.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

I think it depends on you and how well you're doing at a subject compared to other subjects. So, if you're not doing too well on a subject, or need to learn more for a subject, spend more time on it how you revise depends on how you learn best, by best I mean the most effective in terms of absorbing the info for example, you can be an auditory learner and learn best from hearing things read out to you, or someone testing you by asking you questions, or reading stuff aloud. If you're a visual learner, you learn best from simply looking at the revision guide, mind maps, flash cards etc

ReputationRep:
    I have 21 exams starting on the 12th may!! For maths youtube tutorials are a must! Also past papers for every single subject is vital...make mind maps and posters stick them around your room read them every morning etc! Goodluck with revision an exams!! :-D

ReputationRep:
    Should I listen to music whilst revising ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jakesmith2;47215396]Should I listen to music whilst revising ?

If it helps you cut out the world outside your study room then yes! I put my ipod on shuffle an just stick it on the dock, it makes me ignore all the distractions outside the study room

ReputationRep:
    Also I forgot to add, using a whiteboard really helps to revise,iv got one an I just used it for science c1 and im so bad at science but it helps me soooooo much

I got mine from wilkinson an
    was only 3 pounds

Name:  1397834254698.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  29.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Also I forgot to add, using a whiteboard really helps to revise,iv got one an I just used it for science c1 and im so bad at science but it helps me soooooo much

I got mine from wilkinson an
    was only 3 pounds

Name:  1397834254698.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  29.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.