Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone - I'm new to this so please bear with me!
    I am hoping to apply for this course but don't want to limit my options when I leave - Does this course allow to work fully as a children's Nurse OR fully as a Social Worker as I really would like the option to do either (to go on to work as a health visitor or as a social worker). Just wondering as I wouldn't want to waste my time doing both applications.
    How is everyone finding the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKemJ)
    Hi everyone - I'm new to this so please bear with me!
    I am hoping to apply for this course but don't want to limit my options when I leave - Does this course allow to work fully as a children's Nurse OR fully as a Social Worker as I really would like the option to do either (to go on to work as a health visitor or as a social worker). Just wondering as I wouldn't want to waste my time doing both applications.
    How is everyone finding the course?
    Why don't you call them - it does look as if you can do both

On successful completion of the programme, you will gain eligiblity for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a qualified children's nurse and eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a qualified social worker.

But note they also say Please note, this programme is suspended for September 2014 entry.

ReputationRep:
    I have done but they basically said the same thing as the website, both allow you o register with the HCPC I think I'm just worrying about an employer looking at my qualification and assuming I'm not a 'real social worker'!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently on this course at edgehill, it does allow you to work as either or, and a profession such as health visiting is a perfection combination of both and hopefully sometime in the near future there will be jobs specific for a combined role hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently on this course at edgehill, it does allow you to work as either or, and a profession such as health visiting is a perfect combination of both and hopefully sometime in the near future there will be jobs specific for a combined role hope this helps

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.