Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I find it very hard to concentrate on work if i haven't got some music playing. The problem is, i think im listening to the wrong stuff. What music do you guys listen to when revising? Should i at all?

ReputationRep:
    Kanyee

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2LM3ZlcDnk

ReputationRep:
    Burial
    Aphex Twin
    Deadmau5
    Kaskade
    DJ Shadow
    Brian Eno

Stay away from anything vocal (unless you're doing maths, that's what works for me anyway.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Some people get distracted with music, others work well.
    I listen to classical music and instrumentals of my favourite songs/artists so I'm not tempted to sing (badly) along, as I focus more on the song playing, than the actual work.
    Personally, I think it depends what type of revision you want to do. If I'm doing past papers, I'll sit in silence or put on classical. If I'm doing posters/ mind maps/ revision cards etc I'll listen to anything I enjoy - but it's usually something upbeat so I get a move on.. :P

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.