Identical offer from Firm and Insurance - are they interchangeable? Watch

._.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've got 2 offers for AAA. Does it matter which I firm/insure? For instance if I get AAA in August can I choose my Insurance over my Firm if I feel like it? Because I'm not really sure which one I'd like to Firm and which Insure... Very 50-50
Lelcats
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, if you meet the conditions of your firm you will automatically withdraw from your insurance and your place at your firm will be confirmed
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ._.)
I've got 2 offers for AAA. Does it matter which I firm/insure? For instance if I get AAA in August can I choose my Insurance over my Firm if I feel like it? Because I'm not really sure which one I'd like to Firm and which Insure... Very 50-50
If you are accepted into your firm then your insurance choice disappears.
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ._.)
Well going by your other threads, if one is an offer for medicine and the other is an offer for biomedical science, I'd suggest firming the medicine offer.
._.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crumpet1)
Well going by your other threads, if one is an offer for medicine and the other is an offer for biomedical science, I'd suggest firming the medicine offer.
Yeah it'd've been easier if one was for Medicine but I was given an offer for a Medicine-related course after interview so it's the same thing really, both only Med-related... atm only weighing my options though
Crumpet1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ._.)
Yeah it'd've been easier if one was for Medicine but I was given an offer for a Medicine-related course after interview so it's the same thing really, both only Med-related... atm only weighing my options though
Shame. As you're only doing A levels this year, I'd suggest you take a year out and reapply once you've got your grades. Then spend the gap year getting more work experience under your belt to improve your application. Did you get any feedback re your rejections?
._.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crumpet1)
Shame. As you're only doing A levels this year, I'd suggest you take a year out and reapply once you've got your grades. Then spend the gap year getting more work experience under your belt to improve your application. Did you get any feedback re your rejections?
It is, rather. And yeah I requested feedback from all of them and one keeps putting it off - I don't think I'm getting anything from them so I've given up on them, one gave me a very generic line about competition etc. and nothing more and I'm still waiting for the last one - just had the rejection last week. I did have quite a bit of work experience so I don't think that was the problem, I guess I botched up the interviews pretty darn badly to get 3 post-interview rejections. Maybe I will take a gap year in the end but not before I try and get in after results day... Might get lucky, one never knows, lol
Crumpet1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ._.)
It is, rather. And yeah I requested feedback from all of them and one keeps putting it off - I don't think I'm getting anything from them so I've given up on them, one gave me a very generic line about competition etc. and nothing more and I'm still waiting for the last one - just had the rejection last week. I did have quite a bit of work experience so I don't think that was the problem, I guess I botched up the interviews pretty darn badly to get 3 post-interview rejections. Maybe I will take a gap year in the end but not before I try and get in after results day... Might get lucky, one never knows, lol
Yes, sounds like lots more interview practice is needed! But good work experience will also give you the topics to talk about that you need in order to interview well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads