Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    Hey there,

    I'm currently a first year student studying English Lit/Education but I plan on changing my course in September '14 to Psychology at the same uni (it has been provisionally accepted by my uni).

    I was wondering if I would need to create a whole new application for SFE for my new course or just inform of a change of course on my current one? Also, if I weren't to sit my exams after this Easter holiday whether I would still get my last SFE payment in May, as I was relying on this to see me through paying for my accommodation over the summer holidays in my new student house as we've signed a 12 month contract starting in June. Without the payment, I won't be able to pay it as I have no other income. I'm waiting to see if finishing this year at my university would be beneficial qualification wise as I've heard that you can gain a minor qualification from just doing the first year?

    Many thanks,

    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi there,

    If you are withdrawing from the course that you are on, then we would require a change of circumstances sent through from your university showing the date that you withdrew. Your funding would then be worked out based on the time that you were studying, so if you withdraw before your final payment is due, then you wouldn't receive this.

    Due to you starting a new course, although at the same university, once we have received the change of circumstances through from your University to withdraw you from English Lit, you would then need to apply online on a PN1 form as a new student for the new course, Psychology.

    In terms of you receiving a minor qualification for the first year of the course, you would need to speak to your university regarding this.

Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.