Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hot itchy lumps... Watch

This is a long shot - my GP is shut until Tuesday and I can't get there until at least next Friday due to work commitments and I've googled this for about an hour but nothing matches up.

I have lumps in the skin on my ear - the skin just above the lobe, not in the cartilage - the skin. They itch like hell and feel hot and like tiny ball bearing. You can't see them unless you put your thumb behind the skin and push - then they just look white in comparison to the surrounding pink skin.

At first I noticed one and though it might be something to do with a piercing I have on my left ear just above the lobe - but it's not close enough to the piercing and I've had the piercing for 3 years with no issue - and there are more on that ear that are not anywhere near the piercing. Also there are more in my other ear where there is no piercing.

Anyone know A) WTF they are and B) How to get rid?

Thanks!

ALSO - doesn't look rash-like and I haven't changed my shampoo/don't wear anything over my ears that would irritate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is a long shot - my GP is shut until Tuesday and I can't get there until at least next Friday due to work commitments and I've googled this for about an hour but nothing matches up.

I have lumps in the skin on my ear - the skin just above the lobe, not in the cartilage - the skin. They itch like hell and feel hot and like tiny ball bearing. You can't see them unless you put your thumb behind the skin and push - then they just look white in comparison to the surrounding pink skin.

At first I noticed one and though it might be something to do with a piercing I have on my left ear just above the lobe - but it's not close enough to the piercing and I've had the piercing for 3 years with no issue - and there are more on that ear that are not anywhere near the piercing. Also there are more in my other ear where there is no piercing.

Thanks!
    I wish I could say what they are but I'm honestly clueless, sorry! It sucks that no one's replied here yet.

Maybe you got new earrings and it's the metal in the earrings? My ears don't like cheap metal and get irritated by cheap earrings. Or maybe it's a strange type of rash? I don't know, I'm just guessing now, sorry. I'm no help here. When your GP is eventually in, talk to him/her/them about it and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    They'll either go away or be the Bain of your life. I had them tried to pop them, they got infected and swollen and started getting this gross discharge that stunk. I think they are sabacious systs that get filled with sebum (skins natural grease). Go your go and you can arrange to get them cut out. They might just calm down, but if they don't they'll get pretty sore and angry. Also they can get bigger and create more. Which you don't want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks!
    Hey!

I have this too, it tends to come and go for me but I probably get it about twice a year. I'm sorry to say I really have no idea what they are either, but will be interested to hear what your doctor says.

For the record it is unlikely to be to do with your piercings as I don't have my ears pierced. I find trying to leave them alone works best and they soon disappear for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.