Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Homeless in London - Cheapest Borough to currently live in for people on benefit... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dropped out of University back in November and currently on and off living on my friends sofa, is it possible to move into a house? I'm currently located in Westferry London and not sure if I will be able to get anything from the council

Anyone help me plan this out as I am really in a bad state right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious123)
    Dropped out of University back in November and currently on and off living on my friends sofa, is it possible to move into a house? I'm currently located in Westferry London and not sure if I will be able to get anything from the council

Anyone help me plan this out as I am really in a bad state right now.
    Barking & Dagenham is the cheapest borough on average.

You should contac your local cuncil or Citizen's Advice Bureau
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Well it's definitely not Barnet I can tell you that.

ReputationRep:
    You should get in touch with your local council immediately and register as homeless. The quicker you say something, the quicker you can get the help you need

You would not get help if you made yourself intentionally homeless. Personally I wouldn't say you have but I don't know how the council will say it. But just get in touch!

Have a look at the Shelter website for more information
    http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness

I hope it works out for you OP! x

ReputationRep:
    Can't you contact hostels for something short-term? Then maybe apply to as many housing associations as possible. Sorry if that's bad advice I can't help you further as I'm not from London.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.