Best 'Cramming' success story you know..

Watch
Top Queen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What is the best result you've heard someone achieve in their A-Level results with a month or under revision.

Personally, mine is my brother. He started his Maths revision 16 days before the exam and got an A* in the A-Level.
doctordee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I heard about a girl in the year above who got an A* in Biology with five days revision.
Galileo Galilei
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alot of people cram.
Jooooshy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I gave up with literature AS and took a punt at chapter 7 of The Great Gatsby coming up. So I revised it the day before. And guess what!
bottled
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
once it was ten minutes before a GCSE exam so i picked up a maths book and quickly skimmed through it.
A*, near perfect score, missed out on a perfect score because i was late on revising. i still kick myself over that day
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Started properly revising the day before for AS level History and English Literature. Got As.

I did the same for Biology but got a B, so now I'm having to resit a unit

Not cramming quite as badly this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by doctordee)
I heard about a girl in the year above who got an A* in Biology with five days revision.
A-Level? That can't be possible :eek:
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Started properly revising the day before for AS level History and English Literature. Got As.

I did the same for Biology but got a B, so now I'm having to resit a unit

Not cramming quite as badly this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You revised the day before for AS Biology and got a B? :eek:
L'Etudiant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Top Queen)
What is the best result you've heard someone achieve in their A-Level results with a month or under revision.

Personally, mine is my brother. He started his Maths revision 16 days before the exam and got an A* in the A-Level.
By revising, do you mean just going over what he has already studied and is comfortable with or actually learning from scratch? :eek:
alis-volatpropriis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had a week to revise 8 big topics/political theories for my A-level politics exam. I left it late because I was also revising for my English Literature A-level and AS-level retake, so I was re-reading all the texts which was so time consuming! And I was so engrossed in Game of Thrones. I did not sleep more than 2 hours a day during that week, the night before the exam I did not sleep at all. The exam questions were like a gift from God, all the answers to the questions were fresh in my mind. I wrote down all my Mnemonics and flipped through my notes in my mind that I had memorised and supplemented my essays. Walked out with an A overall.

I would never, ever do it again though. I don't like cramming, I remember nothing afterwards. I never cram now at university.

EDIT: By revise I mean learn the content since I did not attend more than 4 lessons nearing the end of my A-levels.
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by bottled)
once it was ten minutes before a GCSE exam so i picked up a maths book and quickly skimmed through it.
A*, near perfect score, missed out on a perfect score because i was late on revising. i still kick myself over that day
No way! That's incredible!
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by L'Etudiant)
By revising, do you mean just going over what he has already studied and is comfortable with or actually learning from scratch? :eek:
He had gone to lessons like everyone else, but did no revision during the time just his homework.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You revised the day before for AS Biology and got a B? :eek:
Somehow, yes I seem to cope better under pressure, because when it gets to the day before, you know it's your last chance to revise :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
I had a week to revise 8 big topics/political theories for my A-level politics exam. I left it late because I was also revising for my English Literature A-level and AS-level retake, so I was re-reading all the texts which was so time consuming! And I was so engrossed in Game of Thrones. I did not sleep more than 2 hours a day during that week, the night before the exam I did not sleep at all. The exam questions were like a gift from God, all the answers to the questions were fresh in my mind. I wrote down all my Mnemonics and flipped through my notes in my mind that I had memorised and supplemented my essays. Walked out with an A overall.

I would never, ever do it again though. I don't like cramming, I remember nothing afterwards. I never cram now at university.

EDIT: By revise I mean learn the content since I did not attend more than 4 lessons nearing the end of my A-levels.
You did all your revision the week before???
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Somehow, yes I seem to cope better under pressure, because when it gets to the day before, you know it's your last chance to revise :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My gosh! That is amazing, so you did no revision beforehand? :eek:
Lord Fifa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only revised a day before my AS geography exam and managed to get an A
alis-volatpropriis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You did all your revision the week before???
Yes, I had so many exams that had many topics that needed to be covered in detail. I neglected Politics, but I worked my arse off for that A within that week. Every revision technique you can imagine, I tried all lol.
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jooooshy)
I gave up with literature AS and took a punt at chapter 7 of The Great Gatsby coming up. So I revised it the day before. And guess what!
You did well?
Jooooshy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You did well?
Chapter 7 came up and I got my A
Top Queen
Rep:
?
(Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
Yes, I had so many exams that had many topics that needed to be covered in detail. I neglected Politics, but I worked my arse off for that A within that week. Every revision technique you can imagine, I tried all lol.
Ahah such as?
Well done!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise