Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

2014 AQA Geography A spec - Case studies prediction? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing the Restless Earth, Water On the lack and Rocks fro physical

and Population change, changing urban environment , and the development gap for Human,

Does anyone have any trustworthy/ educated suggestion as to what case studies might come up in the summer?

thanks in advance ! - becasue i stuggle to rmember key facts and quote numbers to the exact accuracy for each of the different case studies- totally over 30 for both papers!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing restless earth. In the past papers I've looked through I've seen very few tsunami questions so probably best you have case studies for LEDC and MEDC tsunamis. However try to remember all of them. I've found as long as you use the name of the case study even if you've forgotten stats about it you should be fine getting the marks. One thing that's a given with the restless earth paper is that they will ask how earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, tropical storms, fold mountains or wildfires occur so try and remember these in enough detail to get full marks on the 6 or 8 marks questions. Personally I revise with mind maps talking about the natural hazard, how it forms, effects, responses and case studies, but everyone's revision techniques are different.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSEMaybe?)
    I'm also doing restless earth. In the past papers I've looked through I've seen very few tsunami questions so probably best you have case studies for LEDC and MEDC tsunamis. However try to remember all of them. I've found as long as you use the name of the case study even if you've forgotten stats about it you should be fine getting the marks. One thing that's a given with the restless earth paper is that they will ask how earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, tropical storms, fold mountains or wildfires occur so try and remember these in enough detail to get full marks on the 6 or 8 marks questions. Personally I revise with mind maps talking about the natural hazard, how it forms, effects, responses and case studies, but everyone's revision techniques are different.

Good Luck!
    A lot of this infromation is incorrect.
    Firstly, there was a tsunami question in last years paper
    Furthermore, how tropical storms and wildfires form is not required for the restless earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WanderingWorrier)
    Furthermore, how tropical storms and wildfires form is not required for the restless earth.
    true!

any predictons on the changing urban envionments? they all seem to be focused on the sustainable living thme, are there any other case studis i should know for this sub-unit?

thhanks,

i think- for restlss earth- earthuake and volcano are the most likeliest casestuy, but not so sure about the water and the rocks though, any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WanderingWorrier)
    I must not have seen this question then. I've had both of these question in mock paper previously? Ignore my comment as it turns out I'm doing Specification B.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any predictions for physical paper?

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher thinks that TRS may come up, as it hasn't been asked in much detail yet, especially the differences in effects of a TRS in a poor country vs a rich country. Temperature deciduous forests also looks likely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Case study of a Volcano? Mt. St Helens?

ReputationRep:
    it will be questions about earthquakes then a case study about volcanoes

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for coastal environments?? Or health issues?? Struggling big time!!

ReputationRep:
    It is gonna be all case studies this year no empty questions ...can't wait I love them

ReputationRep:
    PHAHAHAHA :') virtually the opposite (restless earth, water on land and coastal zone)

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.